• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"Cloud Sourced" Software Testing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Cloud Sourced" Software Testing

Edit: Obviously I meant crowdsourcing - **** knows how I managed that. I hate the stupid saying, anyway.

Anyhow - I'm trying to make Plan B more of a Plan A+ (Well, it's a bit of a last ditch "now or never"/"go big or go home" thing, I suppose), so I'd like to make software testing a slightly more rigorous process. Up to know it's just been me and a bunch of VM's which obviously doesn't scale.

So, has anyone used one of these "get your software tested" services? I guess I'd need some vaguely competent individuals to run through a script (I can make this super detailed for them) and report back - ideally on various platforms (All Windows based).
    Last edited by vwdan; 8 May 2017, 19:36.

Isn't it called shipping your software out and getting the clients to test it for you.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Isn't it called shipping your software out and getting the clients to test it for you.
      I, uh, wouldn't know...

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
        ... ideally on various platforms (All Windows based).
        Not sure if I understand this. What do you mean various platforms (All Windows based)? Are you looking for device testing or browser testing on various devices?

Comment

Originally posted by Brummie View Post
          Not sure if I understand this. What do you mean various platforms (All Windows based)? Are you looking for device testing or browser testing on various devices?
          I meant Operating Systems, primarily. There's some back end stuff too, but I'd provide them things to connect into.

Comment

Mechanical Turk?
            You're awesome! Get yourself a t-shirt.

Comment

Working...
            X