• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Potential contract breach by client

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andy Hallett View Post
    You should definitely take your claim to an employment tribunal*

*that was sarcasm.
    Please don't the OP may take you seriously.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Most contractors here have gone through a pre-maturely terminated contracts, for a variety of reasons ... take it from all of us, move on, it is hard when it happens, but moving on is the best thing you can do, in a couple of months you wont even remember their names, it does sound that if you stayed in that contract, you'd never be happy, now you know what kind of people they are, so best to move on... everything is a matter of attitude and mental shifting, think of this as a win, have a big smile on your face while you are working your notice and don't let them get to you.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Please don't the OP may take you seriously.
        Amazingly some do.
        https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

Your contract has been terminated for convenience (not for cause), with 28 days' notice.
          As it's for convenience, clientco doesn't have to give you any reason.
          Just notch it up to bad politics and use the notice period to get your next gig. It's not personal, it's business.
          "My God, it's huge!!"

Comment

Somewhere out there there is a contractor who was working as senior to me on a project who lasted less than a month after I turned up and A) Did a bunch of "impossible" things and B) Did more in weeks than he'd managed in months

I often wonder how he describes it....

Comment

Originally posted by UKS View Post
              I'm 6 weeks into a 1 year contract with a new client. From day 1 another contractor working on the same programme has systematically blocked me from meetings and information that is material to the performance of my work. I've raised this with the CEO who immediately unblocked one issue but then 24 hours later decided he wanted to terminate my contract - not for non-performance nor attitude - but under normal 28-day notice rules.
              There's a clause in my contract about what the client's responsibilities are and they clearly haven't delivered on those. Anyone know a good solicitor? Not had this situation before in 30 years of working as a contractor!
              Forget this "accident" and concentrate your effort on finding another contract.
              If you think that this gig is too short you don't need to put this on your CV.

Comment

Walk away and next time have a "quiet word" with the other chap, not the CEO.

Usually solves things.

qh
                He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Potential contract breach by client

Put 1 fish in a locker and 1 fish close by in a box, reason being if they find the 1st fish they will assume problem solved

If it makes you feel better
                  Last edited by tarbera; 9 May 2017, 18:28.

Comment

FTFY

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
                    Walk away and next time have a "quiet word" with the other chap, not the CEO.

Usually solves things on a permanent basis.

qh

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                    X