• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dickhead Agents

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dickhead Agents

Seeing a bit of a trend lately, this tit wants me to take an online tech test, and turn up for face to face on Monday flight about £400 at such short notice plus a day unpaid, I basically said no test and phone interview first.

So he launches into me, tests always needed and doesn't understand why I won't turn up for f2f 'to see the client environment'. I told him I don't do tests, my track record is enough, and I couldn't give a shiit about what the offices are like.

This has happened twice lately! Must be getting old....

Some agencies are just stupid, demanding mandatory online tests even if the client doesn't ask/require them, thinking that way they deliver value. What actually happens is the exact opposite, the best candidates can't be bothered and if they are, can't be bothered with cheating in what is often a poorly designed test. On the other hand the poor candidates are desperate and ready to do the test and cheat on it.

If it's the client that is insisting on the online test, I probably don't want to work for them, unless desperate.

Comment

Don't do tests either. **** them

Comment

What is the opposite of an oxymoron?

Comment

Agent emailed me back, he spoke to his colleague - who has placed me before, one of the good ones, now no test required no f2f required.

Still, there's a sour taste about it now....

Comment

No sour taste where oodles of cash is involved. Nail it and fill them coffers with a grin on your face.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              No sour taste where oodles of cash is involved. Nail it and fill them coffers with a grin on your face.
              Not oodles, it's Barclays at Radbroke! Rate-cut-tastic!

Just wasting the agents time really, especially since he thinks Lower Peover is Manchester and travel accom is no problem there...

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                Not oodles, it's Barclays at Radbroke! Rate-cut-tastic!

Just wasting the agents time really, especially since he thinks Lower Peover is Manchester and travel accom is no problem there...
                Ouch LOL. You are not a contractor until you've done a stint at Radbroke! No notice contract as well I expect.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  Ouch LOL. You are not a contractor until you've done a stint at Radbroke! No notice contract as well I expect.
                  Had an offer once (after a f2f!!) turned it down for something more local, so I have been. Was interviewed in the canteen, empty at first but as the interview progress lunch started and it got pretty full.

I remember thinking at the time how can you call this 'Manchester'!

2005/6 I think....

Comment

I did a stint at Radbroke a couple of years ago. I had a notice period put into my contract. It was only about 2 weeks but I didn't want them to be able to can me with no notice.
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                    X