• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Patronising Job Specs - Avoid?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bee View Post
    It's not professional sent a CV with spelling and grammar errors, but there is some job spec that is not perfect and this one is one of them, ironic.
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post

Send

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
        Should have bolded the whole post...

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
          Should have bolded the whole post...
          I would say to both if you don't have anything constructive to say don't say anything.

Comment

I would say to both if you don't have anything constructive to say don't say anything.

Maybe try taking a leaf out of your own book first
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

It's not professional sent a CV with spelling and grammar errors, but there is some job spec that is not perfect and this one is one of them, ironic.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Bee, I'm going to take a wild guess that you speak at least two languages, for which I salute you and say nobody's perfect, but what's wrong with the job spec?

Comment

Originally posted by DannyBright
                  Perhaps the manager can allow himself to behave arrogantly, because they company realy cool.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    A little harsh.

We will take Mr Bright, plenty of conveniences to be cleaned on the basement floor.

We like to feel that we are cutting edge cool here
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Haha, I noticed the poor grammar of the advert too, but thought better than to mention it. In an online discussion of spelling/grammar everybody loses in the end ;-)

Interesting to see the range of opinions here. I totally understand the frustration of the manager / recruiter, but I personally think it'll fail to deter the poor quality applicants in the slightest.

When I first recruited and hadn't learned the pitfalls, I remember spending 20+ minutes on the phone with a promising candidate only to discover he was only interested in contracting for what was very clearly described as a perm role. I cursed myself and politely thanked him for wasting both our time. He applied to the very next perm role that came out too...

Comment

Working...
                      X