• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Doing non IT work inbetween IT contracts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    I've got three gigs in December.
    It was more about having a nice run down to the end of the year than thinking the market would be dead. I too have picked up several gigs in December (and that's partly why I didn't work in PC World in the end).

Comment

Originally posted by curtis View Post
      Has anyone ever maybe due to a long period between contracts taken a non IT job. I don't mean helping a mate for £20 type work but though an agent calling or seeing a temporary role advertised?

I'm on the bench currently no major panic with that but I got a call out the blue from an agent asking if i was interested in a 3 week temp assignment non IT related. I can wait for a contract but the place is where someone I know really well works and actually in a way would make a nice change and brings in a bit more pocket money.

I'm under an Umbrella and so used to using them but for this instance would it be better to work through the agent for this type of thing as it will be a normal low temp type pay so thinking with the extra NI and their admin fee would it be worth it. In which case if not would I just keep setup via the umbrella for when I finish and continue with the job through the agent or would I have to leave the umbrella,get my P45 then rejoin?
      Cashflow is king. I used to do work for less money between contracts and simply didn't put those jobs on my CV, if they were not IT-related.
      You're awesome! Get yourself a t-shirt.

Comment

Working...
      X