• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

torn between two agents

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

torn between two agents

I have been submitted to the same role by two agents at different rates and have been selected for interview

according to second agent its no problem, "we have been authorised by client to offer up to first agents rate plus 30%, leave it, don't speak to other agency again"

first agent submitted me on 11th, second yesterday. There is the question as to how the client accepted the second submission rather than telling agent, "thanks but we have already got Km's cv"

if first agent is right then the offer is what the client can afford.

Second agency is known to me, always pay on time, no dramas

until now...

Let the client choose if and when you get the offer.

That way if any of the agents play up it is the client's choice.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by kingmob View Post
      I have been submitted to the same role by two agents at different rates and have been selected for interview

according to second agent its no problem, "we have been authorised by client to offer up to first agents rate plus 30%, leave it, don't speak to other agency again"

first agent submitted me on 11th, second yesterday. There is the question as to how the client accepted the second submission rather than telling agent, "thanks but we have already got Km's cv"

if first agent is right then the offer is what the client can afford.

Second agency is known to me, always pay on time, no dramas

until now...
      Are you sure the first agency put you forward, or did they just say they would? Did you give the first agency something in writing to say they were going to represent you? if so, did you stipulate it a time period?

Is it the second agent who has contacted you for the interview? If so, go with them. Either the end client has seen your CV once with this agent, or they have a preference for this agency. Get the gig first and then let them squabble about it afterwards, but until you get the offer, don't rock the boat.

Comment

Originally posted by doconline View Post
        Are you sure the first agency put you forward, or did they just say they would? Did you give the first agency something in writing to say they were going to represent you? if so, did you stipulate it a time period?

Is it the second agent who has contacted you for the interview? If so, go with them. Either the end client has seen your CV once with this agent, or they have a preference for this agency. Get the gig first and then let them squabble about it afterwards, but until you get the offer, don't rock the boat.
        Yes I did write an email saying i was happy to be represented by them (but not solely represented by them) then i got the second call yesterday with the usual skating around who the client was, i told him i was already submitted. He said "but i can get you more" so he submitted me at the higher rate.

spoke to first agent about rate he swears blind his rate is all this education client can afford.

Interview verbally confirmed on Thursday but nothing in writing from them

Second agency has confirmed same interview slot, with named contacts

Comment

Second agency has confirmed same interview slot, with named contacts
          When this happened to me the agents got in a bun fight and the client ended up cancelling my interview rather than deal with them. Bad position to be in. Try and sort it quick but good luck.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

As soon as client sees a legal fight they will probably withdraw.

Never let your CV go to a client unless you know who they are. For bigger clients get a reference. Only say they can represent you for a particular role - provided your CV is actually submitted(to stop CV blocking).

Personally, at this point, I would go to the interview and be totally honest with the client. They might have a way forward.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              When this happened to me the agents got in a bun fight and the client ended up cancelling my interview rather than deal with them. Bad position to be in. Try and sort it quick but good luck.
              which i didnt want

Comment

i told him i was already submitted. He said "but i can get you more" so he submitted me at the higher rate.
                which i didnt want

Do you believe everything agents say?

Actually I have a great new payments scheme for you. You are GUARANTEED 99% of your rate. It is approved by NLUK's accountant and NLyUK's QC. Literally hundreds of happy contractors over many years now. This scheme is limited to 500 contractors and there are 499 already so get in quick.

I dread to think what NLUK will say about this....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Do you believe everything agents say?

Actually I have a great new payments scheme for you. You are GUARANTEED 99% of your rate. It is approved by NLUK's accountant and NLyUK's QC. Literally hundreds of happy contractors over many years now. This scheme is limited to 500 contractors and there are 499 already so get in quick.

I dread to think what NLUK will say about this....
                  I'm in!! TAKE MY MONEY!!!
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Reading the Title of this thread I thought it was something to do with spit-roasting! Bad enough shafting you on rate!

Comment

Working...
                    X