• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Calculating day/monthly rate back from salary?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calculating day/monthly rate back from salary?

My salaryman offer: 100k, 30 days hols, stock options
    The calculator seems to think I can get the same with with 467 per day, I think that's not right.
    What would be the equivalent of the above, with some assumptions: stock options being worth 0 and taking the full 30 days off?

Assuming 100k package (base + bonus + pension contrib + health benefits), can I work out how much exactly would I be costing the employee on an annual basis?

Rather than daily rate do you sometimes see contract where people simply charge on a monthly basis and take time off anyway?
    Last edited by Contractor UK; 12 October 2018, 21:34.

Nah, that's miles off IMO. You could double that day rate and probably be closer to reality. YMMV though - you'll always get as many opinions as posts on this one.

Comment

Here we go again....
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

A very rough estimate would be £100 an hour or £850 a day. Actually a little more with the divi tax changes. And assuming you work a full year. Given the state of the market right now and the chances of pulling a near £1k a day gig I'd take the permie offer...

There's no benefit in slowing down the billing, all you do is extend your own financial risk if for some reason you don't get paid. You only get paid for time worked anyway. (And contractors don't have holidays, just days when they aren't earning )

Perhaps some reading of the guides is in order?
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Depending on what you do I'd take the offer.

Only architects, very senior devs, programme managers tend to get £800~ on a regular basis. There's probably other roles and skill sets but you get my point.

Comment

Originally posted by yasockie View Post
            can I work out how much exactly would I be costing the employee on an annual basis?
            How about this part?
            What is a "100k" package costing in terms of extra NHS and pension contributions (3% matched)?

I appreciate the encouraging comments about the 850/day day rates and such, but I don't think I am going to get it...

Comment

Working...
            X