• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Applying for A1 Cerificate for project in Norway

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Applying for A1 Cerificate for project in Norway

I’m considering a contract in Norway, where I need to relocate for the duration of the project.
    I’m thinking of applying for the A1 Certificate to allow me to pay the NI in the UK. However, that won’t give me access to the Norwegian health system. I’m moving there with my family so I will definitely need medical cover. I guess the European Health Insurance Card provides only for emergencies.
    Has anyone taken out a private insurance in Norway and does it work at all?

What are the reasons to keep on paying UK NI when abroad and, admittedly, a country with quite good free healthcare?

Comment

Originally posted by Lavarella View Post
      What are the reasons to keep on paying UK NI when abroad and, admittedly, a country with quite good free healthcare?
      The NI in the UK is much smaller, difference is around £900 in my monthly take home pay...

Comment

Originally posted by skysies View Post
        The NI in the UK is much smaller, difference is around £900 in my monthly take home pay...
        Pay into the Norwegian pot if you are there for a couple of years and enjoy the facilities they provide.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Pay into the Norwegian pot if you are there for a couple of years and enjoy the facilities they provide.
          Yeah sure, I'm going there to enjoy their facilities and nice weather

Comment

Originally posted by skysies View Post
            Yeah sure, I'm going there to enjoy their facilities and nice weather
            You mean you don't like snow, fjords, mountains and long summer days?

If you all really hate out door pursuits maybe you should go to a different country.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              You mean you don't like snow, fjords, mountains and long summer days?

If you all really hate out door pursuits maybe you should go to a different country.
              I like Norway, don't get me wrong. My question was around private insurance in Norway and how does this work.

Comment

I can't imagine them being cheap, Norway being Norway.

There is a facebook group called "Brits in Oslo", they might be able to help you more.

On a side note: is any agency.contact/you name it selling contracts for work in Norway? I'd be happy to move there again...

Comment

Working...
                X