• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ever lost a contract after negotiation started

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TBH I was focusing more on the fact the OP has been on the bench. If you're in a role and/or have other roles lined up then definitely pull the agent up on this trick.

But if I was desperate I probably wouldn't want to rock the boat.

Comment

If you're working for minimum acceptable, take it. You'll often be able to find out what the agent is fleecing you and the agent for a month down the line. There are some great fun and games to be had after you've proved yourself to the client and they want to extend you. I've know one client manager absolutely cripple the agent to £40/day after taking the mickey and blagging their way to around £200 commission.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        If you're working for minimum acceptable, take it. You'll often be able to find out what the agent is fleecing you and the agent for a month down the line. There are some great fun and games to be had after you've proved yourself to the client and they want to extend you. I've know one client manager absolutely cripple the agent to £40/day after taking the mickey and blagging their way to around £200 commission.
        WHS

If the offer is for an acceptable rate and you are on the bench, your best bet is to take it. Once on site you will eventually find out how much the client is paying for you, if they too played you, negotiate rate increase on renewal.

A week on the bench will cost you more money than 10% rate drop for 3m contract

Comment

It's been a few days now and agent's now saying the client can't even stretch to the min rate offered. Agent's all 'take it or leave it' <modsnip>

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
            WHS

If the offer is for an acceptable rate and you are on the bench, your best bet is to take it. Once on site you will eventually find out how much the client is paying for you, if they too played you, negotiate rate increase on renewal.

A week on the bench will cost you more money than 10% rate drop for 3m contract
            Originally posted by bikeman View Post
            It's been a few days now and agent's now saying the client can't even stretch to the min rate offered. Agent's all 'take it or leave it' <modsnip>
            Sal is completely right - you need to take it buddy, otherwise will lose out totally. Is that really what you want ?

Comment

Originally posted by bikeman View Post
              It's been a few days now and agent's now saying the client can't even stretch to the min rate offered. Agent's all 'take it or leave it'
              Blimey.

Either the agents a lying git or you have a multi tiered agency arrangement where things can go this way.
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
              X