• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Project Deliverables - having a copy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
    Is there an obvious way to get round this, possibly attach said docs to web based mail ?
    In theory, you could attach them to an email using web based email and just not send it - that way you at least have a defence of "but I never sent the email" when you get caught and they terminate the contract.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

In future maybe he could work on his own lap top and mail certain completed documents in.
      (Obviously being careful not to break any contractual clause)

No company I have known has ever had problems with incoming mail traffic .
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        In theory, you could attach them to an email using web based email and just not send it - that way you at least have a defence of "but I never sent the email" when you get caught and they terminate the contract.
        My dog logged in and downloaded it from home!

Comment

Can't beat the print and scan approach, depending on how much you're printing.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

If you get your clientco emails on phone, then you could download the docs onto the phone, either when you have sent them around and cc'd yourself, or from sent items or email it to just yourself at your clientco email address and then download it

Comment

I find it weird the number of posters rushing to offer solutions for something which is very likely breaking his contract, and would seem (to me at least) a fairly immoral practice given that the client has actually paid for this stuff. Is this normal here?

Comment

Originally posted by Lambert Simnel View Post
                I find it weird the number of posters rushing to offer solutions for something which is very likely breaking his contract, and would seem (to me at least) a fairly immoral practice given that the client has actually paid for this stuff. Is this normal here?
                Well the standard advice when someone asks what they can do with their warchest is spend it on coke and hookers so I'll let you make your own mind up
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lambert Simnel View Post
                  There are ways and means to get the format of documents without breaking a contract. However the detail in the documents should never be shared with a competitor.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Project Deliverables - having a copy

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
                    Ha - no haven't tried nor been caught !

I have produced some really useful docs and so shame to leave them behind. However agree that it is not worth the risk and as per normal contract do become client co material, so will leave these behind as I normally (grudgingly) have to. Thought worthwhile asking the question anyhow.
                    Why. It recreate the documents from scratch again but on your own computer in your own time and then It's not a client document anymore.

Granted it might be a pain depending on how many hours work when into the originals but worthwhile if you really think what you've created is not worth losing

Comment

Originally posted by SouthernManc78 View Post
                      Why. It recreate the documents from scratch again but on your own computer in your own time and then It's not a client document anymore.

Granted it might be a pain depending on how many hours work when into the originals but worthwhile if you really think what you've created is not worth losing
                      Or remove the client specific words, create templates and print them out to see what they look like. Use the back for notes making sure your writing is a scrawl and then slip them in your bag/back pocket.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X