• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Not been paid...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not been paid...

I've done a few pieces of work converting software from a legacy system to a modern one.

I completed the job in the time I estimated. Then I got a couple of small contracts (3 days) adjusting some thing after user testing.

However, I've not been paid for the last fixes and they're asking for the source code back. Ideally I would like paying for my time first but they are saying there are outstanding issues (minor bugs).

Can anyone give me some advice - should I wash my hands or even reverse the code I wasn't paid for?

Thanks

Have they given a list of what these issues are?

What does the contract say about code and payments?

Comment

Have you asked them what bugs and evidence of this?

Jobs like this without well documented deliverables and the like often are a bit of minefield. Might have to just fix them if they aren't major and see what they say.
      Last edited by northernladuk; 3 April 2017, 15:12.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

They sent the issues list, raised the contract and then asked what the work would solve. I replied via email that it related to the issues raised only

Now they say the contract was for total completion

Comment

Originally posted by montyburns4 View Post
          They sent the issues list, raised the contract and then asked what the work would solve. I replied via email that it related to the issues raised only

Now they say the contract was for total completion
          Besides the issues list, what does "total completion" mean? Have they discovered further issues since the contract was raised?

Comment

Besides the issues list, what does "total completion" mean? Have they discovered further issues since the contract was raised?
            In certain other industries that usually translates to the "money shot".

HTH.
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Yes they have found issues which are mostly historic and not a consequence of my changes

Comment

Is the jurisdiction England or any other part of the UK?
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I don't know the full details but if I'd paid someone to deliver me something I'd be a bit narked if they gave me it back with issues as well to be fair. What are the chances you can fix them quickly?
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    Is the jurisdiction England or any other part of the UK?
                    Yes England

Comment

Working...
                    X