• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Found - recruitment app

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
    that's not the difficult part though. All this app does is maybe make it a bit more streamlined, similar to the aforementioned tindr etc.

Companies can post job ads themselves on the job boards, and candidates can submit themselves already, and have been able to for over a decade. It's everything after that that is the difficult part for companies.

Yet they still use agencies, for filtering, arranging interviews, re-arranging interviews, scaling contracts of, and payments to, multiple contractors. Yes, they have to pay for that service, but it's like anything else, it grew out of a need.

Can it be disrupted? (that's the cool kid term right?)

Maybe, but not just by tindr'ing the "match" part.
    You aren't disrupting anything.

Companies can and do use the existing job boards to hire direct. I've got a couple of contracts this way. However most prefer to use agencies simply because decent agents have a list of potential candidates. So yes while they do post roles in on job boards they normally spam their mailing list before the role goes live on the job board. Again I've got contracts that way.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

This app seeks to address an already crowded space. Some really good points above, the most notable are that this is a techie view of the problem and a miss understanding of where the value in the recruitment process lies.

It's a bit like trying to start an internet bank, they build a lovely front end and then forget why people actually use a bank.

It would better suit an existing company, with an existing client and contractor base to bolt this tech on.....
      https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Companies can and do use the existing job boards to hire direct. I've got a couple of contracts this way. However most prefer to use agencies simply because decent agents have a list of potential candidates. So yes while they do post roles in on job boards they normally spam their mailing list before the role goes live on the job board. Again I've got contracts that way.
        +1.

Some roles are long gone, these days, by the time they reach the boards anyway.
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Not sure why you quoted my post. I'm not saying they are disrupting the space.

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
            Not sure why you quoted my post. I'm not saying they are disrupting the space.
            Simply cos you mentioned the term "disrupted".

I didn't notice you weren't the OP who started the thread.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
            X