• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Direct with a Startup: SDC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    No it isn't - the contractor is expected to pay the employees AND employers NI.
    Yeah, I never thought of that part of it - so the agency / public sector body are taking PAYE, and then the contractor still has to pay employers NI once they get the reduced rate?

Comment

Originally posted by radish2008 View Post
      "Paul attends the interview where he meets the company directors who tell Paul they want him to design, build and place onto the internet, a new website for their business which will advertise and sell their products online. Discussions are held during which time Paul shows the directors his portfolio and websites he has previously created. The directors are impressed and Paul is offered the engagement, which he accepts. The Directors then tell Paul he has a completely free role to design and build the website as he sees fit without anyone being able to intervene to instruct Paul what the website must look like or how it must be created. The only specific requirement placed on Paul is that the new website is completed, placed on line and activated before his engagement ends. "

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...g_examples.pdf
      Kill me now

Comment

Pfft...pair programming is so last decade...all the cool kids are Mob Programming now

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
          Pfft...pair programming is so last decade...all the cool kids are Mob Programming now
          Sounds like the computer club at my middle school. 30 kids, 1 BBC Micro.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
          X