• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Declining a contract offer after signing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bee View Post
    I don't allow you to make false statements without evidence.
    If you don't have anything constructive to say, don't say anything.
    Yes he is wrong but only because you are a sockie.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
      I don't allow you to make false statements without evidence.
      If you don't have anything constructive to say, don't say anything.
      I've asked you what your situation is a number of times and you've not given me any evidence so I make the assumption you are a permie. You are invited to prove me wrong.

And maybe taking some of your own medicine from time to time would be nice.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        I've asked you what your situation is a number of times and you've not given me any evidence so I make the assumption you are a permie. You are invited to prove me wrong.

And maybe taking some of your own medicine from time to time would be nice.
        Haven't we established that bee is a morbidly obese alcoholic Scotsman living in Devon?

Comment

OP - genuine family issue or not?

If it is then fair play, family is more important. Agency will moan but tough luck. As others have said, tell them NOW.

They wont sue you unless they think you're having them on.
          Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

You need to lean on relationship and the human angle with the agent since they can choose to let you out of a contract even if they don't have to.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

If there's a notice period in the contract, just give notice.
              Most likely they will tell you not to come at all.

Or propose a substitute

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                If there's a notice period in the contract, just give notice.
                Most likely they will tell you not to come at all.

Or propose a substitute
                Third sentence of the OP's post...

Now my contract terms do not have any clause for me to terminate the contract and there is no scope of a notice period.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  Third sentence of the OP's post...
                  Three sentences? That's way past my attention span

Comment

Originally posted by victorvn15 View Post
                    Hi friends,

I have been offered a contract which I have signed. But things have changed due to some family issues and I am not in a position to provide my services for the contract. Now my contract terms do not have any clause for me to terminate the contract and there is no scope of a notice period. So my question is does a contract come into effect from the day of signing or is it effective from the day the services are supposed to start. I still have few weeks to start the contract hence evaluating my options.

If I reject to join can the agency sue for breach of contract or claim damages for the same.
                    Personally I think 2 weeks out they will have someone else lined up. If it was the day before they would be pissed but I still doubt they will do anything. Explain your personal circumstances that you mention. Let us know what happens.

Comment

Next time get a notice period.

Comment

Working...
                      X