• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accenture - working for?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Anyone got any experience of?

I've heard stories they are a complete nightmare with mega long days expected etc. They seem to pay very well but I'm too old for this sort of thing all the time.

(and also its all well and good having a daily rate 1.5x normal but not so good when your day is 2.0x as long).
    I was invited but never worked for Accenture but I know that you have to work long hours and would be good if you came from the University and start a career. As a contractor should be different and here you could have an idea how would be.

Comment

Sometimes you'll only ever know is by doing the gig.

Didn't hear positive things about current client co before I started but all in all it's been a decent gig, long commute aside.

qh
      Last edited by quackhandle; 27 March 2017, 11:51.
      He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
        <snip>
        Professional forum, remember. Also, potted history or otherwise, PC responded correctly to this public sector debacle, which is why he's on the bench now.
        Last edited by administrator; 27 March 2017, 15:41.

Comment

I never worked for them (was invited for a permie interview which was a group one which I declined),but I have worked a lot with them. Total and utter nightmare incompetent to the nth degree, have no clue what they are doing and are only relying on their name as a big 5 consultancy. Many clients do know this though, but they only take them on to confirm what everybody already knew, so now they can say Accenture said so, so now we can cut x-thousend jobs.

Comment

Worked with them a lot but not for them.

If you enjoy managing a gang of under-performing Bobs that deliver sh*t systems and enjoy spending your time explaining to the client why the system they paid £m for bears no relation to the requirements or expected business outcomes ......

Then again contract is a contract and if you've got nothing lined up ....

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
              I never worked for them (was invited for a permie interview which was a group one which I declined),but I have worked a lot with them. Total and utter nightmare incompetent to the nth degree, have no clue what they are doing and are only relying on their name as a big 5 consultancy. Many clients do know this though, but they only take them on to confirm what everybody already knew, so now they can say Accenture said so, so now we can cut x-thousend jobs.
              ^^ This. The management graduate using a Powerpoint presentation from hell to tell you a load of tulip you already know.
              When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                ^^ This. The management graduate using a Powerpoint presentation from hell to tell you a load of tulip you already know.
                They'll have been so proud of him, his ill-fitting suit and freshly-cut hair.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Good friend of mine is working for them now ONLY because its better than nothing if he could escape he would tells me its a nightmare due to low rates, bull tulip coming out the wazoo in places you would never expect & the perms unfriendly attitude towards him as they know Accenture are looking to cut a few thousands jobs out when their over qualified under trained graduate management trainee powerpoint guru can work out how to edit the previous document they used to can thousands of jobs elsewhere!

Comment

Originally posted by uk contractor View Post
                    Good friend of mine is working for them now ONLY because its better than nothing if he could escape he would tells me its a nightmare due to low rates, bull tulip coming out the wazoo in places you would never expect & the perms unfriendly attitude towards him as they know Accenture are looking to cut a few thousands jobs out when their over qualified under trained graduate management trainee powerpoint guru can work out how to edit the previous document they used to can thousands of jobs elsewhere!
                    In Accenture style, could you break that into bullet points please?
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      Are there any other benefits to the gig? Decent client? Emerging tech? Learning opportunity?
                      average, not really, okish
                      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X