• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accenture - working for?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accenture - working for?

Anyone got any experience of?

I've heard stories they are strange with mega long days expected etc. They seem to pay fairly well but I'm too old for this sort of thing all the time.

(and also its all well and good having a daily rate 1.5x normal but not so good when your day is 2.0x as long).
    Last edited by psychocandy; 27 March 2017, 12:25.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Not an easy one to answer that. They are massive and have a large number of clients. Within those clients they offer multiple services. On top of that you've got the individual team cultures.

Not to sure a generic 'they are OK line' or 'they are a nightmare' will really give you a decent heads up.

If they pay OK what's it matter anyway? You aren't going to turn down a gig and sit on the bench just from some generic, finger in the wind feedback are you?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Never worked for Accenture, but done work for some of the other big boys. They absolutely rinse their staff, but I've never had any issues as a Contractor - the one insane project I did do I sent such a ridiculous invoice that I panicked and genuinely thought they were going to stiff me somehow (They didn't).

Wouldn't touch em as a permie, but *shrug* a contracts a contract and it's only going to be a few months of your life. Make sure overtime is paid and that the weekend rates are decent.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
        Never worked for Accenture, but done work for some of the other big boys. They absolutely rinse their staff, but I've never had any issues as a Contractor - the one insane project I did do I sent such a ridiculous invoice that I panicked and genuinely thought they were going to stiff me somehow (They didn't).

Wouldn't touch em as a permie, but *shrug* a contracts a contract and it's only going to be a few months of your life.
        Same.

Used to try and avoid weekend work if I could.

The agreed double day rate did soften the pain when I did have to, WFH of course
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Not an easy one to answer that. They are massive and have a large number of clients. Within those clients they offer multiple services. On top of that you've got the individual team cultures.

Not to sure a generic 'they are OK line' or 'they are a nightmare' will really give you a decent heads up.

If they pay OK what's it matter anyway? You aren't going to turn down a gig and sit on the bench just from some generic, finger in the wind feedback are you?
          Of course not, but there are other options available to me.
          Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

I have contracted with them before. Great if you like very long hours, high pressure and are process driven. Make sure that your Daily Rate is set at a sufficient level taking this into account.
            I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Are there any other benefits to the gig? Decent client? Emerging tech? Learning opportunity?
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
                I have contracted with them before. Great if you like very long hours, high pressure and are process driven. Make sure that your Daily Rate is set at a sufficient level taking this into account.
                My observations also.

I would add produce reams of documentation, love many meetings and are masters at the failure of actual system delivery

As for WFH don't bank on it been extended in amount, if in reality, they wish to maintain high client visibility.
                This may be requested if deliveries slip.

I should have added the one project I was going to do, I negotiated the original rate up by 20%.
                I had another offer in the end and accepted that.

I did this knowing what the end client would be charged
                Last edited by MrMarkyMark; 27 March 2017, 11:25.
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

I worked for them as permie for a number of years and is where I cut my teeth <snip>
                    Last edited by administrator; 27 March 2017, 15:41. Reason: No need for this
                    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Working...
                    X