• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accenture - working for?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
    I have contracted with them before. Great if you like very long hours, high pressure and are process driven. Make sure that your Daily Rate is set at a sufficient level taking this into account.
    Rate is decent but not outstanding. Certainly not 1.5x normal rates if you end up doing 12+ hours.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
      Rate is decent but not outstanding. Certainly not 1.5x normal rates if you end up doing 12+ hours.
      Not something I would normally say, but I have to agree with Fully Automatix.

Normally, only two types of people work for Accidenture.

1. Young grads expecting to go out and take on the world, get put into positions they can't handle delivering presentations about outcomes that never reach fruition. they get burned out and have a breakdown after three years.

2. Very very very cheap low grade techies.
      When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

When MyCo contracted there, it was at the highest rate that it ever achieved, to date.
        I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
          Not something I would normally say, but I have to agree with Fully Automatix.

Normally, only two types of people work for Accidenture.

1. Young grads expecting to go out and take on the world, get put into positions they can't handle delivering presentations about outcomes that never reach fruition. they get burned out and have a breakdown after three years.

2. Very very very cheap low grade techies.
          Worked alongside them for a few years on a major programme in the City and I got the same impression too. There are some who manage to stay on and get promoted up the ranks but the vast majority who I worked with left after a few years at the coal face.

I have been on their list of vetted contractors before but I was never available when they needed me. My advice would be to make sure your contract is reviewed and that your responsibilities and deliverables are clear otherwise you will be getting into conflict with them - they are hard taskmasters.

Comment

Originally posted by redgiant View Post
            Worked alongside them for a few years on a major programme in the City and I got the same impression too. There are some who manage to stay on and get promoted up the ranks but the vast majority who I worked with left after a few years at the coal face.

I have been on their list of vetted contractors before but I was never available when they needed me. My advice would be to make sure your contract is reviewed and that your responsibilities and deliverables are clear otherwise you will be getting into conflict with them - they are hard taskmasters.
            There was that impression that I got, that those who had reached 30 and were still there were destined for senior roles. They seemed to like their meetings a lot too, as well as being overly aggressive with non-Accenture people.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
              If you been in the public sector for more than one gig in a row or for a long time then just take it. Try to last one extension then bail.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                In Accenture style, could you break that into bullet points please?
                {Bullet Point} Do....new paragraph....{Bullet Point} Not.... new paragraph {Bullet Point} Work for them! Full Stop unless you really need the money that is but having their name on your CV is not a calling card to many other prospective clients either!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk
                  In parts of the country it can be tough to find obedient BAU monkeys who'll work for minimum wage.
                  Honestly, this trope is dull as **** now.

Comment

Originally posted by uk contractor View Post
                    {Bullet Point} Do....new paragraph....{Bullet Point} Not.... new paragraph {Bullet Point} Work for them! Full Stop unless you really need the money that is but having their name on your CV is not a calling card to many other prospective clients either!!
                    The same can be written about any of the large outsourcing consultancies IMHO.

I fondly remember the several days of down tools and walk outs that they did when I worked along side them when the end client didn't pay them after several months. I didn't ask the few contractors who worked through them on what impact it had on their invoices so I would be especially careful when reviewing their contract.

Comment

Originally posted by uk contractor View Post
                      Got plenty on my CV - not at the stage where I need to impress with client names...
                      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X