• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Client Terminating My Contract Early With No Valid Reason

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bee View Post
    I'm afraid that you are mixing concepts based in ignorance, unfortunately, you are not the only here and very common in some ex-permies.

You are confusing it with formal performance evaluation and Best Practices procedures. A service that is delivery oriented must have step/procedures that include feedback from the client. You have the right to disagree but in my opinion, the advice from rocktronAMP is a good advice, I do it myself and prevents the OP situation.

HTH
    I'm not confusing anything. I'll be heading for my first break in over four and a half years on Tuesday; clearly I'm not doing something right though.

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    I guess, and that's the best I can do from that bloody sentence... that Bee is calling you an ignorant ex-permie cock womble. I wouldn't stand for that if I were you.
    I'd guess you're way off the mark because the Iberian Idiot was replying to one of my posts. No wonder you stray into bloody bus lanes!
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
      I'd guess you're way off the mark because the Iberian Idiot was replying to one of my posts. No wonder you stray into bloody bus lanes!
      Oh aye, so it is. If I'd spotted that I wouldn't have needed to question it
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I'm not confusing anything. I'll be heading for my first break in over four and a half years on Tuesday; clearly I'm not doing something right though.

Amateur
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Willy won't.

But good luck anyway.

qh
          He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
            Amateur
            I know, I'm at risk of having to spend time with the enemy; it's all quite worrying.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Fine, I'm new in contracting but many years delivering IT services.

Note that when I mention ignorance in this context I'm referring to the lack of knowledge in this matter, not an offence.

I shall pass this to the mods.

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post

I shall pass this to the mods.
                You'll be one of few people reporting facts this week if you do.

Comment

It makes you sound like a bloody permie. Get a grip.
                  Nah mate. You should get a grip!

When one provides a technical solution to a client. Is my ultimate solution fulfilling the function? Is the project running the schedule? Is it helping? I am talking about project milestones and deliverables.

I don't give a monkeys if it is contract or permanent, if as a consultant I am only concerned with providing the right solution to the client so that they are happy. If I can't or they won't let me, because of politics or something else going like re-organised then I know then it is game over. Usually being diplomatic, tactful and insightful gets me out of the bind. I can "feel" it the bad times are coming. It is usually time, to ship the new CV to the jobsite and start looking for something else.

I think the OP is in a state of shock. It is very easy to get comfortable in a gig and put your feet up on the desk so-to-speak and let the weeds overcome the lawn grass. These recent years 2015-2017 have taught me this: "never trust".

Comment

Originally posted by rocktronAMP View Post
                    I think the OP is in a state of shock. It is very easy to get comfortable in a gig and put your feet up on the desk so-to-speak and let the weeds overcome the lawn grass. These recent years 2015-2017 have taught me this: "never trust".
                    Indeed I certainly am in shock but there's a first time for everything and this is a first for me. Shock I guess because I know I'm delivering a service and should get on with it but it's new to me. I'm by no means a closet permie and I did do the occasional check-in with client to guage feedback. I've kind of got over the shock now. In the midst of chasing my next gig and this will toughen me up for sure. I'll definitely now always be expecting the unexpected and not trust anyone but yours truly...

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Win View Post
                      Indeed I certainly am in shock but there's a first time for everything and this is a first for me. Shock I guess because I know I'm delivering a service and should get on with it but it's new to me. I'm by no means a closet permie and I did do the occasional check-in with client to guage feedback. I've kind of got over the shock now. In the midst of chasing my next gig and this will toughen me up for sure. I'll definitely now always be expecting the unexpected and not trust anyone but yours truly...

It's a crap life at times. I've been canned through politics at a higher level two months into a six month extension; it's generally the way that it goes when you get canned. You'll know within yourself if you were good enough for the gig and if you were then it's often sheer bad luck that sees you out the door early.

Comment

Working...
                      X