• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Client Terminating My Contract Early With No Valid Reason

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get A Written Reference

My advice would be, once you had been told that you hadn't done anything wrong, to say "great, would you mind supplying a written reference then". The main purpose of that approach is obtaining the reference for using in getting the next gig (which should be your only concern). However, in this case, it has the secondary effect of giving the OP closure too.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Win View Post
      I know as a contractor if the client decides to get rid of you early then that's their prerogative but, all the same, is it normal and common for them to do this with no real justification?
      It might not always be common, but I do consider that 'normal' for contracting. It feels like a rejection, but it's just business. Even FTE is not immune to such things.

Comment

Working...
      X