• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone been to Copenhagen?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any currency broker (HIFX, Moneycorp, Caxton, etc) can help you get your money into GBP in your business account.

It's a great time to be doing foreign work as the exchange rate is in your favour right now. Probably only changes drastically if Le Pen wins, which doesn't look too likely, or the Russians invade Finland or something like that.

Comment

Just got back. Nice place. A bit cold though.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        Just got back. Nice place. A bit cold though.
        Glad you had a decent time.

I've made four trips to Copenhagen and sadly each one was mainly of the airport-office-hotel-office-airport variety. My main memory is how damn expensive it could be be if you don't book things up even a few days in advance. Twice I went at short notice when there was a big conference in the city and all the hotels seemed full. Myself and two colleagues ended up staying about 20 miles from the office (which was not far from the airport). Taxi was over £100 each way! Would probably have been cheaper to have stayed in Sweden and crossed the bridge every day...

Still, at least it's not as expensive as Basel

Comment

Originally posted by edison View Post
          Still, at least it's not as expensive as Basel
          But very nearly.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Suggest you check the Danish tax laws and the need for a permit. I checked into all this last year for Nordea and its a total pain in the ass, you will likely need Danish umbrella....

Comment

Working...
            X