• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anticipated End Date

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems easy to me. Give notice 14 days before like IPSE suggested. Tell them you are doing it because the contract wording as to end date is unclear. Tell them you are willing to withdraw the notice if they are looking for another week or two, or to extend (if the terms are right) if they want to offer you another contract. You aren't giving notice because you are desperate to get away, but because you don't want an open-ended commitment without clarity as to what the terms will be after that date.

Sorted.

Comment

Originally posted by Lonza View Post
      So in your opinion, no notice would be required after the contract anticipated end date as the contract has reached expiry. Therefore if the client wants to extend passed this date, it would be a variation of the terms (and thus require my agreement?)

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I appreciate it.
      Jesus Christ!!

I haven't said this.

If you have a notice period, obviously is based on you anticipated date. If the date is approaching you have to mitigate this with your agency in order to get the exact end dates ASAP.

Why are you saying that the anticipated end date is approaching?

Comment

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
        Seems easy to me. Give notice 14 days before like IPSE suggested. Tell them you are doing it because the contract wording as to end date is unclear. Tell them you are willing to withdraw the notice if they are looking for another week or two, or to extend (if the terms are right) if they want to offer you another contract. You aren't giving notice because you are desperate to get away, but because you don't want an open-ended commitment without clarity as to what the terms will be after that date.

Sorted.
        Great bit of advice this. Thank you v much.

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
          Jesus Christ!!

I haven't said this.
          This is why you must be clear in your explanations.

You thought regular posters were picking on you when they were taking apart your posts. They were illustrating to you that new posters would not understand what you mean, and this is an example of it.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            This is why you must be clear in your explanations.

You thought regular posters were picking on you when they were taking apart your posts. They were illustrating to you that new posters would not understand what you mean, and this is an example of it.
            You must go back to school and learn how to interpret English.

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
              You must go back to school and learn how to interpret English.
              I don't need to.

Though I'm open to Portuguese lessons.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I don't need to.

Though I'm open to Portuguese lessons.
                If you aren't good in interpret English you will not be good in other languages.

Comment

I don't need to.
                  A bit of advice for you that I read somewhere:
                  Don't argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Comment

Working...
                  X