• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract Rate

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's looking like the deal will be 3 days a week for 3 months.

I can't do 5 full days because I look after the networks across multiple small businesses as well and I am done working days, nights and weekends.

My end goal is to close my Limited Company,stop supporting my small business customers and moving in to PAYE as a penetration tester, or another Cybersecurity Role. I just have to pass my exams and gain experience along the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
      get to f***. 22 yrs experience, Inside IR35, a company that knows you can do the job. Start at £80 ph.

Edit: 65 maybe. OPs knowledge is worth a good deal.
      For a support role? I doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        You're going back to the same company to do the same role?

You'll need to factor in that you're inside IR35. That means full PAYE and no expenses.

Your location will make a difference too, with London rates higher than elsewhere.
        This may not be a problem and worth taking the hit if it is just a 3-6 month contract - at least OP can say they have a contract under their belt when they start looking for the next one.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
          This may not be a problem and worth taking the hit if it is just a 3-6 month contract - at least OP can say they have a contract under their belt when they start looking for the next one.
          Not sure what help that is? And a contract with your ex-employer isn't going to mean much to people in the know TBH.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
            Don't get me wrong, I've never considered a contract being inside IR35 a no-go if the conditions are right (good rate, low expenses as a bare minimum); I just wanted the OP to be aware of the situation and the tax implications.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

80ph is fantasy rates nowadays for support. If you can get 40 ph for most support roles would be a miracle due to all the cut price johnny experts in the market!

Comment

This thread can be deleted as I won't be taking the contract at £17ph.
                I was on a lot more when fully employeed

Comment

Originally posted by calibra View Post
                  Is that what they offered? You must be the only person on this thread that is surprised tbh.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

That would explain why they can't find anyone.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Moved to general more like for that comedy rate.

qh
                      He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Working...
                      X