• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weeks worked per year

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
    says who?
    Some winker
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      Some winker
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Some winker
        Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Comment

Given that the thread title is about weeks per year, 280 out of 52 is impressive.
          It doesn't matter what it says in the title. What matters is what I said in my previous sentence, that "I did 142 DAYS". Anyway, I've got to work weekends sometimes and then I book double.

Originally posted by radish2008 View Post
          280 out of 252 is good going. This year I'll take 40 days including the BHs and even though it's forced I'm coming round to the idea. Just had 2 weeks off over Easter and it was really good.
          I've been working for 2 weeks during Easter enjoying the sun by the pool in Southern Europe. I guess you can call it as 2 weeks off

Comment

250 billed of 254 offered... March 16/March 17... but will take a holiday this summer, I need one!

3 day shut down between xmas and new year otherwise it would have been 253!

M

Comment

Originally posted by ndl View Post
              It doesn't matter what it says in the title. What matters is what I said in my previous sentence, that "I did 142 DAYS". Anyway, I've got to work weekends sometimes and then I book double.

I've been working for 2 weeks during Easter enjoying the sun by the pool in Southern Europe. I guess you can call it as 2 weeks off
              Proud of you. Go get em, tiger!
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by mjcp View Post
                250 billed of 254 offered... March 16/March 17... but will take a holiday this summer, I need one!

3 day shut down between xmas and new year otherwise it would have been 253!

M
                You're really AWESOME.

Worth remembering you cannot spend it when you are dead

Also, it doesn't matter where you work, its still work, sat by the pool or not
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Proud of you. Go get em, tiger!
                  Thanks fella. Your encouragement is very motivational and means a lot to me! I'll have a print-screen of this and will hang this by the pool. Thanks.

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                  [...] Also, it doesn't matter where you work, its still work, sat by the pool or not
                  I know, but as Françoise Sagan said: “Money may not buy happiness, but I'd rather cry in a Jaguar than on a bus.” It's still work, but I'd rather work by the pool than in the office.
                  Last edited by ndl; 27 April 2017, 13:34.

Comment

You're really AWESOME.

Worth remembering you cannot spend it when you are dead
                    Trouble is, I spent it in my 30's and now I need to paying it back while I can, before I die...

Also, it doesn't matter where you work, its still work, sat by the pool or not

Now now, its not work, its fulfilling a contractual obligation to my client
                    Last edited by mjcp; 28 April 2017, 09:14. Reason: quotes

Comment

My break even point for covering salary/dividend/expenses etc. is about 24 weeks a year, so anything over and above this is profit (before CT) and therefore a bonus (keeps the warchest healthy). I'd consider anything above 30 weeks a good year, 40+ weeks excellent. Would be rare for me to work much more than this, I almost always try and take December off each year unless I really have to work and will often take small breaks between projects too.

Comment

Working...
                      X