• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Negotiating with agents

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by billybiro View Post
    Interesting. Genuine question: Why?
    To know about the state of the market.

Contracts can get canned at anytime so you need to keep an eye on what is happening.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by billybiro View Post
      Interesting. Genuine question: Why?
      Missed out the word 'not', edited now.

Comment

Originally posted by TanyaWWW View Post
        My tuppence - I work in banking and budgets are always estimated at high level, so if a role is advertised at 450-550 I don't care if I pay 550 for every person I hire. To be honest, if someone comes through at 450 then I assume they're junior - I just want the best people I can get within whatever the range is

I'd suggest always asking for the top of the range. If it's not a big bank doing the hiring maybe they will care but then they can try and negotiate down from there
        I've the same experience in Banking. By the time the hiring manager has actually got a role approved and a budget assigned, there's not much benefit in it for them to save the organisation as a whole some money. You just get the best worker you can do within your range, and that means it's more likely to be at the top end.

Comment

I try to give a range - and add to it my rate depends on location of the client and my expenses....

always say bit pointless if I can't even get an interview, as ultimately the rate negotiation is with you and the agent, the total day rate has already been agreed between the client and the agency.....

Comment

Working...
          X