+ Reply to Thread
Posts 1 to 8 of 8

Should post faster

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Client ask for sensitive information prior to interview stage. Normal?

Hi

So, I am booked in for a face to face interview with the client (IT consulting firm) and I've been asked to fill in a super long online form on the client's website prior to the interview. The form asks for things like 3 references, NI number, 5 years (!) of addresses history, and so on...

I find it really "peculiar" to ask for this type of info at this stage. I'd give this information no problem after they offered me the role, but now? In case I didn't get the role, that would be a lot of info I would give away.

Thoughts?

Is it a normal practice?

Banned

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by MattZani View Post
    Hi

So, I am booked in for a face to face interview with the client (IT consulting firm) and I've been asked to fill in a super long online form on the client's website prior to the interview. The form asks for things like 3 references, NI number, 5 years (!) of addresses history, and so on...

I find it really "peculiar" to ask for this type of info at this stage. I'd give this information no problem after they offered me the role, but now? In case I didn't get the role, that would be a lot of info I would give away.

Thoughts?

Is it a normal practice?
    It is common that they ask verbally if you were convicted or have debt and do check that AFTER the interview.
    Are you filling that for an agency or the end client? Do you trust these companies ? etc..

I live on CUK

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I've never been asked this information before an interview simply because it's a waste of everyone's time if one party doesn't like the other.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Should post faster

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by diseasex View Post
    It is common that they ask verbally if you were convicted or have debt and do check that AFTER the interview.
    Are you filling that for an agency or the end client? Do you trust these companies ? etc..
    I'm filling the form for the end client. The form sits on the end client's website so the agency shouldn't see any of it.
    Not sure I trust the company, it's a big consulting firm but I've never worked with them before.

Should post faster

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SueEllen View Post
    I've never been asked this information before an interview simply because it's a waste of everyone's time if one party doesn't like the other.
    Thanks. That's exactly what I think. Feels like a lot of effort at this stage of the application process

Fingers like lightning

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Depends how much you need the gig.

Considering I have a role I wouldn't be giving those details away without a good reason. Might be a different answer if I'd been on the bench for a few months

Should post faster

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by MattZani View Post
    I'm filling the form for the end client. The form sits on the end client's website so the agency shouldn't see any of it.
    Not sure I trust the company, it's a big consulting firm but I've never worked with them before.
    I once requested product information from a Tier 2 ERP supplier on their Website. A few months later I was getting job vacancy information from them. Trust nobody with your data.

Nervous Newbie

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SueEllen View Post
    ^That!

+ Reply to Thread