• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Microsoft Partner

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigRed View Post
    IR35 avoidance perhaps?
    Need a slightly more in depth understanding of IR35 I am afriad..
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Need a slightly more in depth understanding of IR35 I am afriad..
      no problem, I struggle with it as well, have you asked your accountant

Comment

no problem, I struggle with it as well, have you asked your accountant
        Lol.. Very good.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Despite me specifically saying I wasn't interested in the software on offer you've all gone on about the Action Pack
          Maybe that's because it's the best bit about it? The MS Partner Network is mainly targeted at resellers so you need to flog/develop/support MS software and build yourself up to Silver/Gold level with lots of MCSPs (or whatever they're now called) in order to really reap any benefits.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Maybe that's because it's the best bit about it? The MS Partner Network is mainly targeted at resellers so you need to flog/develop/support MS software and build yourself up to Silver/Gold level with lots of MCSPs (or whatever they're now called) in order to really reap any benefits.
            Silver is piss easy, you need 2 people (they don't even have to work for YourCo) with a couple of MS certificates (that are piss easy to get) to associate their MCP IDs with YourCo and references from 3 clients - There are no real checks whether these people have actually done any work for YourCo or the 3 references are actually from clients - it's all a box ticking exercise. After that as long as you are paying the ~1k/year fee you can call yourself MS Silver partner. The extra benefits are a bit more licenses and tech/pre-sales support.

Gold is a bit more "prestigious" as it actually triggers some checks on part of MS (or at least it did a decade ago when I was working for a MS gold partner)

Both are absolutely pointless for 1-2-man band unless you are actually reselling MS products in bulk to cover the extra fee.

Comment

Working...
            X