• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just seen this.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our client are a large local government organisation and looking for an experienced Security Management Officer to join their team. This is initially a 3 month contract which may be extended for the right candidate.
    Our client is looking for someone who can come on board and maintain the security and integrity of their infrastructure and systems including Microsoft/Wintel as well as Unix/AIX platforms.

Good to know they value the security of their infrastructure.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
      All for the grand rate of £295/day.
      True. But it is grand compared to £0/day

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
        All for the grand rate of £295/day.

Comment

Originally posted by ruasonid View Post
          I would make sure there was a 1 week notice period in there and would keep looking while making a bit of beer money out of this one, also rocking in at 10am. 2 HR lunch and then bailing at 4 every day as well as helping myself to armfuls of office stationary, loading a desk and chair into my car, charging all my devices on site and stealing as many of those little sachets of sweetener I could lay my hands on from the canteen...would make that daily rate less of a p!ss take

Comment

I don't understand this requirement for umbrella companies? Where is the legislation that demands them? Went can't you work through a limited company and declare yourself (or they declare you) inside IR35? I don't mind paying PAYE but I'm not paying for an umbrella company.

Comment

Originally posted by pauldee View Post
              I don't understand this requirement for umbrella companies? Where is the legislation that demands them? Went can't you work through a limited company and declare yourself (or they declare you) inside IR35? I don't mind paying PAYE but I'm not paying for an umbrella company.
              If you don't understand it have you researched it? You pay for an accountant don't you? Wouldn't need one of them under a brolly for a start.. Your insurances etc...
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

You do know about the changes to the Public Sector, don't you?? Pushing contractors into umbrellas has nothing to do with legislation (not directly, anyway...)

Originally posted by eek View Post
                What's Changed.

The big change is that the person who is determining if your contract is or is not inside IR35 is no longer you the contractor but the Public sector department / agency you are working for. IR35 determinations have to be made within 31 days of the contract beginning otherwise the tax due becomes the responsibility of that department not other parties in the chain. This restricted time scale will mean that many departments have no choice but to decide on a blanket decision that everyone is inside IR35 when this begins April 2017.
                Anyway, have a read of this post: http://forums.contractoruk.com/publi...ml#post2360158

Originally posted by eek View Post
                Continue using your limited company

This may still be doable but in the same way that agencies don't want to put contractors on their payroll they are unlikely to actually want the hassle of withholding tax for them and paying it to HMRC.... As such going forward I suspect a lot of agencies will not support or allow the use of a limited company for public sector contracts inside IR35.
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Because as I hinted above in the quote above most agencies are not set up to handle PAYE and won't have the software / ability to do withheld payments as no -one yet knows how they are supposed to work.

Hence they are insisting on using Umbrella's because its the only way they can see being able to do public sector payments in the short term from April onwards.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                  X