• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

fake contractor news

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fake contractor news

Private Sector Contractors Hit by IR35 Changes - No More Limited Companies

This article popped up in my google feed this morning. Quite rightly someone has commented on this article to call out the alternative facts, quality of the admin response is also interesting.

I've heard a few agencies attempting to force contractors on their books down the umbrella route...like a gun to the head

What bollocks. Every article on that site has a link to a different Umbrella company, each of which has the same application form and are probably all brands of the same company. I can't be arsed to look up if there actually is a company called Simply Umbrella but I'm just going to assume there isn't.

Comment

Is this the same site that has a LinkedIn group as well? Just looks like a referral site to me so never spent any time on it.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Is this the same site that has a LinkedIn group as well? Just looks like a referral site to me so never spent any time on it.
        It looks familiar. Fake news and fabricated interviews.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
          It looks familiar. Fake news and fabricated interviews.
          And dodgy loan scheme umbrellas galore.

Comment

It's very interesting to go to Companies House and see how many 'pop-up' umbrellas (pun intended) have directors who also have dissolved EBT schemes attached to their names...
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Going to be very hard for the HMRC to prove your inside IR35 if your notice period is 1 week & your effectively a zero hour contracts employee with a slightly differently worded contract! Umbrellas as the worse possible choice as well at least 25-30% less take home your better off with an LLP.

Comment

That's odd. Never heard that before and we've talked a lot about it.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by uk contractor View Post
                  Going to be very hard for the HMRC to prove your inside IR35 if your notice period is 1 week & your effectively a zero hour contracts employee with a slightly differently worded contract! Umbrellas as the worse possible choice as well at least 25-30% less take home your better off with an LLP.
                  You're only better off if you know what you're doing.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...-join-llp.html
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                  X