• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

QDOS have suspended their 24 contract review turnaround

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QDOS have suspended their 24 contract review turnaround

Standard review takes up to 5 days, I start on Monday so what to do?

Delay start date and risk losing gig?

Start anyway and hope agent will make any necessary changes after I've started?

I've always used their 24 hour turnaround so may have to see if another provider is offerings the service.

Use another provider. Start phoning them NOW.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Blimey.. That's interesting news. Is that because they are swamped or because they are in the eye of the storm where they need full clarity of the situation before advising people on PS gigs?

I'd either message QDOS on here or ring them up and tell them you are a well respected and prolific poster on CUK and helping you out would make their company look great. They don't know that's not true but might work.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Also contact the client directly tomorrow afternoon, apologise then say your contract review hasn't come back and you aren't insured to start without an agreed contract.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Blimey.. That's interesting news. Is that because they are swamped or because they are in the eye of the storm where they need full clarity of the situation before advising people on PS gigs?

I'd either message QDOS on here or ring them up and tell them you are a well respected and prolific poster on CUK and helping you out would make their company look great. They don't know that's not true but might work.
          Swamped due to the PS changes. A temporary thing, apparently ; a few weeks at most and normal service will be resumed.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            Also contact the client directly tomorrow afternoon, apologise then say your contract review hasn't come back and you aren't insured to start without an agreed contract.
            Yes. And I know the agent will say he will amend any clauses retrospectively after I've signed on the dotted line but I also know that what the agent says now ain't necessarily what he's going to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
              Yes. And I know the agent will say he will amend any clauses retrospectively after I've signed on the dotted line but I also know that what the agent says now ain't necessarily what he's going to do.
              Damn right.

qh
              He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
                Standard review takes up to 5 days, I start on Monday so what to do?

Delay start date and risk losing gig?

Start anyway and hope agent will make any necessary changes after I've started?

I've always used their 24 hour turnaround so may have to see if another provider is offerings the service.
                Hi BBP

Sorry about this, unfortunately we have had to suspend the service (temporarily) because we are absolutely swamped with public sector. We have recruited a few extras (and hunting for more, although I'm sure you can imagine the difficulty for such a niche topic!) and the team are working lots of overtime just to get through it all within the standard turnarounds, so please rest assured that we are doing everything we can to resume as normal.
                At this time, we just simply cannot guarantee the turnarounds. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this has caused you. The option will return as soon as we can deliver it.
                Qdos Contractor - IR35 experts

Comment

Originally posted by Qdos Contractor View Post
                  Hi BBP

Sorry about this, unfortunately we have had to suspend the service (temporarily) because we are absolutely swamped with public sector. We have recruited a few extras (and hunting for more, although I'm sure you can imagine the difficulty for such a niche topic!) and the team are working lots of overtime just to get through it all within the standard turnarounds, so please rest assured that we are doing everything we can to resume as normal.
                  At this time, we just simply cannot guarantee the turnarounds. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this has caused you. The option will return as soon as we can deliver it.
                  Entirely reasonable given the circumstances.

Comment

Our experience has been excellent with QDOS to date. Knowledgeable and professional throughout.

To be fair to them the determinations are coming through quicker than the 5 days in most cases but they are setting expectations.

I can't think of many businesses that have been able to scale at such an unprecedented level as they have.

If you are hiring we need to have a chat about recruitment Seb [emoji12]
                    https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

Working...
                    X