• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

QDOS have suspended their 24 contract review turnaround

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Seb, you looking for some freelance IR35 contract checkers huh huh?
    B...But who would check your contract?

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
      B...But who would check your contract?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
        Standard review takes up to 5 days, I start on Monday so what to do?

Delay start date and risk losing gig?

Start anyway and hope agent will make any necessary changes after I've started?

I've always used their 24 hour turnaround so may have to see if another provider is offerings the service.
        Might be worth giving Bauer and Cottrell a call to see if they can do it quickly for you

Comment

Mine took the full 5 days.

Comment

Originally posted by Qdos Contractor View Post
            Hi BBP

Sorry about this, unfortunately we have had to suspend the service (temporarily) because we are absolutely swamped with public sector. We have recruited a few extras (and hunting for more, although I'm sure you can imagine the difficulty for such a niche topic!) and the team are working lots of overtime just to get through it all within the standard turnarounds, so please rest assured that we are doing everything we can to resume as normal.
            At this time, we just simply cannot guarantee the turnarounds. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this has caused you. The option will return as soon as we can deliver it.
            Um, you are on a contractor forum. Isn't the solution to this to hire contractors? It's often the model used when supply exceeds demand.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
              Um, you are on a contractor forum. Isn't the solution to this to hire contractors? It's often the model used when supply exceeds demand.
              He did say it's difficult because it's niche.

Comment

Boom from me too Banana time, indeed.

Checked up with QDOS this evening and yes, they have said they cannot do the same day or next day service as yet.
                It will be a full 5 days turnaround.
                So unfortunately I cannot start the role from Monday, so I will have to defer it until next Monday... that's a 3000 notes invoice potential gone in thin air
                Also I will need to tell the client why I am deferring it by week. What a chaos.
                I understand QDOS situation, but as a big company - they need to scale easily on demand, it does not matter it's s niche or not.

Comment

Have you tried any other contract check providers?
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    Have you tried any other contract check providers?
                    I was thinking about that. But QDOS are AWESOME , so I am slightly thinking twice to check with others.

Also, what will be the situation with the TLC35 that i have with QDOS, if i get the contract reviewed by others like IPSE et al.? Would the TLC35 still cover my contract?
                    Those are the questions that come to mind. Will be asking QDOS these Qs once i decide to go get the review by others.

The other option for me right now is IPSE, since I am IPSE+ member.
                    The cost is high for express service, but even if I go with them, would they do the same extra services like directly talking to the agencies et al. and getting the paperwork / wordings changed and agreed on my behalf before i sign.
                    QDOS do this very well, and I have used them time and time again.

Time is running out! Very fast indeed too! Need to think about something quick.

Comment

Mine took 2.5 days through the standard IPSE contract review service with AbbeyTax doing the checking...
                      Join IPSE

Comment

Working...
                      X