• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Client Honesty

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
    Brutal, I hope you got IPSE and the EU human rights courts involved.
    Think they were aware of the amount of the clients time he spends on CUK

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
      You know what? I reckon it's our old friend Agile again & people's insistence on you being there in person for their stupid dumb huddles and so you can fall asleep in tedious 3 hour long sprint retrospectives.
      I think you're spot on to a degree.

Comment

Originally posted by RonBW View Post
        Agent told me that the role was in central London, so I rented somewhere to start with.

Day before I started - "until you get clearance through, you'll be based in Slough". At least I charged them travel expenses every day to get there from London, but I could have saved a fortune by not renting in London
        There's no way I'll rent a flat any more for a contract. Way too expensive compared to the alternatives.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I think you're spot on to a degree.
          Can you be such a thing? Surely he can be either 'spot on' or he can be 'right to a degree' but not 'spot on to a degree'?

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
            Can you be such a thing? Surely he can be either 'spot on' or he can be 'right to a degree' but not 'spot on to a degree'?
            You're 100% correct, to a degree.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
              There's no way I'll rent a flat any more for a contract. Way too expensive compared to the alternatives.
              +1 The only time I was going to do that, the project got canned the day before I was due to sign forms. Lucky escape. It's spare room or hotels for me.

Comment

You're 100% correct, to a degree.
                Generally, I always am.

Comment

I've always found clients to be pretty honest for things like location/hours. I think they'd rather be up front than have people moaning about it afterwards - so they can say well we did tell you which seems sensible.

I have had clients who've turned out to be a bit off with weird rules. There was one who said it was policy that you couldn't leave site at lunchtime (wtf!), couldnt park on the street outside the office (it was unrestricted - but it looked scruffy!), and demanded I provide my personal mobile for free out of hours support (I will normally be happy to give my mobile to teammates as long as people dont take the p*ss - most dont).

All things I said no to and it went down like a lead balloon.
                  Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                    I've always found clients to be pretty honest for things like location/hours. I think they'd rather be up front than have people moaning about it afterwards - so they can say well we did tell you which seems sensible.

I have had clients who've turned out to be a bit off with weird rules. There was one who said it was policy that you couldn't leave site at lunchtime (wtf!), couldnt park on the street outside the office (it was unrestricted - but it looked scruffy!), and demanded I provide my personal mobile for free out of hours support (I will normally be happy to give my mobile to teammates as long as people dont take the p*ss - most dont).

That was school, not work PC. Your brain's suffering pal with all this IR35 thought.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post

I'm sure it was well worth what they paid for it
                      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                      X