• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract IR35 Review

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by heyya99 View Post
    I rang IPSE. Got through to a young lady who didn't know very much and was unwilling to pass me onto an expert. She gave me her email address and asked me to email my query.

She says AbbeyTax do the reviews so I'll ring them.
    You do it all online with IPSE.

Information page is https://www.ipse.co.uk/advice-support/contract-review and you upload your documents and so forth at https://www.ipse.co.uk/contract-review/service
    First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. But Gandhi never had to deal with HMRC

Comment

Originally posted by RonBW View Post
      You do it all online with IPSE.

Information page is https://www.ipse.co.uk/advice-support/contract-review and you upload your documents and so forth at https://www.ipse.co.uk/contract-review/service
      Is there a benefit over going with IPSE over Qdos?

Comment

Is there a benefit over going with IPSE over Qdos?
        When I had my contract reviewed by IPSE, they looked in a lot more detail about the whole contract, not just the IR35 clauses. When I had my contracts reviewed by Qdos, the review didn't give me much detail and seemed to be solely focussed on IR35 clauses.
        First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. But Gandhi never had to deal with HMRC

Comment

When I had my contract reviewed by IPSE, they looked in a lot more detail about the whole contract, not just the IR35 clauses. When I had my contracts reviewed by Qdos, the review didn't give me much detail and seemed to be solely focussed on IR35 clauses.
          With Qdos, did you get the contract IR35, or the full contract + WPs review? They have 2 products.

Comment

With Qdos, did you get the contract IR35, or the full contract + WPs review? They have 2 products.
            It was the contract assessment (£49), not the full IR35 contract review (£125) - but both seem to stress that they are only looking from an IR35 perspective.

Comment

It was the contract assessment (£49), not the full IR35 contract review (£125) - but both seem to stress that they are only looking from an IR35 perspective.
              Bearing in mind the product is called 'Full IR35 Contract Review' I'd it's a bit more than 'seem to stress'
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Yes, just to confirm the IR35 contract reviews and assessments are solely IR35 related.

There is a separate legal contract review on there. We tried running them as one product but it was a bit of an administrative nightmare given the IR35 side is reviewed by a tax expert and the legal by a contract lawyer.
                Qdos Contractor - IR35 experts

Comment

Originally posted by Qdos Contractor View Post
                  Yes, just to confirm the IR35 contract reviews and assessments are solely IR35 related.

There is a separate legal contract review on there. We tried running them as one product but it was a bit of an administrative nightmare given the IR35 side is reviewed by a tax expert and the legal by a contract lawyer.
                  Can you elaborate on these 3 questions on the WP questionnaire wrt IR35?

- Would your company engage helpers in order to meet a deadline? I'm guessing this should be a yes.
                  - Can the contractor be moved from task-to-task as priorities of the end client change, without consultation with the contractor? No?
                  - Is your end client obliged to provide your company with continuous work throughout the period of contract? No again?

Comment

- Would your company engage helpers in order to meet a deadline? I'm guessing this should be a yes.
                    - Can the contractor be moved from task-to-task as priorities of the end client change, without consultation with the contractor? No?
                    - Is your end client obliged to provide your company with continuous work throughout the period of contract? No again?
                    They are the answers that point to being outside IR35...but obviously it has to reflect the reality of the situation.
                    Qdos Contractor - IR35 experts

Comment

How is he supposed to tell you how to answer those? They aren't hard. If you find yourself behind on a deadline, would you engage someone at your own cost to get it done quickly?

Can they move you around to different tasks or not? It's not hard to answer. It's in your contract or implicitly understood, either you are there to do whatever they need you to do, or you are there to do a particular project. How can anyone but you and your client answer that? Do you want QDOS to read someone's mind?

Can they tell you not to come in next Thursday and Friday because they are cutting costs? Can they tell you not to come in ever again? Can they tell you they are closing everything down in July and August for the summer holidays? These are questions only you and/or your client can answer.

Comment

Working...
                      X