• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Limited Company Contracting UK to AU, but working in Africa

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Limited Company Contracting UK to AU, but working in Africa

Hi Everyone,

I am currently looking at contracting on a mine construction site in South West Africa for a period of 3-4 months.

I have a LTD company registered in the UK, however the company that wishes to employ me is based in Australia. Along with this, the work is based neither in the UK or Australia.

I currently have a tier 5 visa to live and work in the UK and am also a citizen of Australia.

Is it possible to contract the UK LTD company to an Australian firm even though I am a citizen in the country? Or will I run into serious tax issues because of the dual taxation laws?

Cheers

You can have a UK limited and do this type of work on a Tier 5?

EDIT : Ahhh, T5 Youth Mobility?

EDIT 2 : Not a bleedin clue.....
    Last edited by northernladuk; 24 February 2017, 09:27.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Since you are suppose to be a student or temporary worker it would make common sense to just stay in the Australian tax system. However if you are asked where you have been by the UK you may end up with issues.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        You can have a UK limited and do this type of work on a Tier 5?

EDIT : Ahhh, T5 Youth Mobility?

EDIT 2 : Not a bleedin clue.....
        You can, but that doesn't mean you are allowed to work through it for clients in the UK. For clients outside the UK, then yes why not? Where the client is headquartered is immaterial (unless there are withholding taxes that might come into effect). What mostly matters is where the actual work is going to be performed, and the relevant legislation there.

Comment

Working...
        X