• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Going back to perm- IR35

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by teapot418 View Post
    YourCo is unlikely to be required to pay for the sort of problems covered by PI if you're working as an employee of the company. It doesn't sound like you need PI now.
    Isn't having a PI one of the tests that HMRC use for IR35?

Comment

Originally posted by loden View Post
      Isn't having a PI one of the tests that HMRC use for IR35?
      It's a very, very minor pointer - and HMRC aren't going to care if you have it once you're perm - if you are unlucky enough to have an IR35 investigation , they will look at what your business was doing for the period they're investigating. If you're relying on things like that, you're probably going to be struggling. Read up on IR35 on the guides to the right --->

Comment

Did you check to see if your contract required PI? Many do.

Also QDOS will need a checked contract that passed. If you haven't got one you are unlikely to get TLC35 from them.

Look on the upside, if you do come back contracting you'll do it properly this time.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Did you check to see if your contract required PI? Many do.

Also QDOS will need a checked contract that passed. If you haven't got one you are unlikely to get TLC35 from them.

Look on the upside, if you do come back contracting you'll do it properly this time.
          Yes, I know my contract required PI, but never had one. Qdos state:Your company currently carries, or you will look to purchase business insurances, such as Professional Indemnity, Employers/Public Liability

Qdos offer a retroactive PI. Wouldn't that work for me?

Comment

Time to speak to QDOS I am afraid. We don't know. You've been in breach of your contract all this time and no insurances. Personally I wouldn't be bending the rules for you but I'm not taking your money
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X