• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Interview Feedback Delay

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interview Feedback Delay

I had an interview for a banking client last Monday, with a view of having a quick start turnaround. I had feedback on the day that was positive and that they are interested and for me would be an ideal role. However I have not had anything definite back since. I have always been offered roles 1-2 days max after the interview so am in new ground here.

I have chased the agency who have said that the client is simply busy - this is getting on for a week and a half ago now and there are no other candidates to interview according to the agent, so too busy to make a decision ? Am I being impatient or is my gut feel that they are delaying for whatever reason telling me something ?

I had this with Lloyds last month. Some clients are just simply rubbish. Lloyds promised me that they would confirm successful candidates by a set date and 48 hours later they were still "thinking about it". This was for a role they first urgently needed to fill at the beginning of December and they had been stringing me along for a good six weeks.

As I had another offer elsewhere, I told them to stick it. Shame though, as it was a good sounding role, but I wasn't willing to risk no work at all in order to find out if they were going to offer it to me. I've got holidays to pay for!

Don't stop pursuing other options and make sure the agent knows that you're actively having interviews, etc. Sometimes that reminds clients that their faffing means they risk losing good candidates.

Comment

I had this once - in the meantime I got a new role and presumed it was a no. After a week or so the agent called me up to offer me the role which I obviously declined - she then went into a rant about how she was sick of them and "maybe they'll learn this time round that contractors don't hang about like permies". So *shrug*, it's one of those - some clients just suck. Carry on your job search, if it comes back then happy days.

Comment

You are being impatient and we've said the same thing over and over. Fire and forget. Random chasing isn't going to achieve anything. You'll get a call if they want you and if not, we'll you've already got your answer.

Very occasionally you might be able to get an answer quicker if you have another gig lined up and the agent believes you/can be arsed to chase the client.

You've got all the feedback you need for now. Carry applying and you might get some good news out of the blue.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

So you are this only and very best candidate for this bank, yet week later after the interview you are still hoping to get it and even seeking emotional support from a forum on the internet ?

I mean I guess some people like you are so super specialized that clients are rare and each prospect is a big hope but I am guessing you are a young guy
          Last edited by europetractor; 21 February 2017, 22:08.

Comment

Originally posted by europetractor View Post
            So you are this only and very best candidate for this bank, yet week later after the interview you are still hoping about and even seeking emotional support from a forum on the internet ?

I mean I guess some people like you are so super specialized that clients are rare and each prospect is a big hope but I am guessing you are a young guy
            Okay, so I won't rise to this one, partly because it is barely comprehensible. However I do appreciate the other responses.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
              Okay, so I won't rise to this one, partly because it is barely comprehensible. However I do appreciate the other responses.
              It made me interested who waits more than a week for interview feedback... I know my interview results ... before the interview is over ... A week later ... I have very long forgotten some interview from last week.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
                I had an interview for a banking client last Monday, with a view of having a quick start turnaround. I had feedback on the day that was positive and that they are interested and for me would be an ideal role. However I have not had anything definite back since. I have always been offered roles 1-2 days max after the interview so am in new ground here.

I have chased the agency who have said that the client is simply busy - this is getting on for a week and a half ago now and there are no other candidates to interview according to the agent, so too busy to make a decision ? Am I being impatient or is my gut feel that they are delaying for whatever reason telling me something ?
                Banks are well known as potential time wasters. Most of the time its either they are waiting on an internal candidate, waiting on a previous contractor they hired to become available, the budget got pulled, the budget never existed to begin with or a combination of all of those factors & a whole lot more! Agency probably used the same old lines of they need a quick turnaround they really liked you etc etc. Until your onsite and billing, consider it all fluid & in motion as budgets can & do get pulled at very short notice.

Comment

Originally posted by uk contractor View Post
                  Banks are well known as potential time wasters. Most of the time its either they are waiting on an internal candidate, waiting on a previous contractor they hired to become available, the budget got pulled, the budget never existed to begin with or a combination of all of those factors & a whole lot more! Agency probably used the same old lines of they need a quick turnaround they really liked you etc etc. Until your onsite and billing, consider it all fluid & in motion as budgets can & do get pulled at very short notice.
                  Very well said. Lots of truths in there.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    Fire and forget.
                    Look no further. A pimp will be hunting you down relentlessly as soon as there is a whiff of an offer.

This is about as fundamental as "don't do unpaid work."

Comment

Working...
                    X