• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Interview Feedback Delay

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BarCap are renowned for this, interviewing people prior to securing budget.

Once bitten......
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
      BarCap are renowned for this, interviewing people prior to securing budget.

Once bitten......
      Bitten again, but on a higher day rate
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        Bitten again, but on a higher day rate
        I guess you are still waiting for the paperwork, 2 years later
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

I guess you are still waiting for the paperwork, 2 years later
          It would be a pleasant surprise albeit unwelcome for a couple of months. Which means that it will arrive tomorrow!

More seriously, I'd be put forward again but at a rate that takes into account the expected rate cut.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

While I agree with above (some clients might just be useless at getting back to you), there is also the case where you may be second choice, and the agency is keeping you hanging in case their preferred candidate falls through.

So even though the agency says the client is taking ages, and you are the only candidate, they may well be lying through their teeth.

Keep interviewing elsewhere.

If it comes through, and you don't have anything else lined up then great.

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
              While I agree with above (some clients might just be useless at getting back to you), there is also the case where you may be second choice, and the agency is keeping you hanging in case their preferred candidate falls through.

So even though the agency says the client is taking ages, and you are the only candidate, they may well be lying through their teeth.

Keep interviewing elsewhere.

If it comes through, and you don't have anything else lined up then great.
              Absolutely the right attitude. I always play the first past the post model; if there are three on the table and I'm willing to take any of them, it's the one that gets the earliest start date in a contract to me the quickest that generally wins.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                Absolutely the right attitude. I always play the first past the post model; if there are three on the table and I'm willing to take any of them, it's the one that gets the earliest start date in a contract to me the quickest that generally wins.
                That's when the real fun starts, those frothing at the mouth, in the running, agencies sure answer all communications quick sharp then
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

That's when the real fun starts, those frothing at the mouth, in the running, agencies sure answer all communications quick sharp then
                  Indeed. Funny how they're never in meetings that week.

Comment

Working...
                  X