• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Past agency requesting NI number and DOB for HMRC records

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SouthernManc78 View Post
    So I have had two emails now from an agency I did business with a couple of years ago like the text below:

We are in the process of making sure all the information we hold is up to date in line with HMRC requirements and it is standard practice to have certain information / documents for all contractors past and present.

I have listed below the required information / documents we are missing. Please could you arrange for these to be sent back at your earliest convenience.

• D.O.B
    • NI Number
    • Home Address

I understand that if I was looking to work for them now and they asked for this information I might have to give it up to secure ther contract but as I've not worked for them for approx 2 years I see no reason why I should divulge this information to them, it seems to me I would be stitching myself up my giving them by personal information.

Thoughts?
    I've had this request previously on public sector contracts. Maybe just a coincidence.

Depending on what stage you were to give this info, your age could be used against you.

Comment

Originally posted by ruasonid View Post
      I've had this request previously on public sector contracts. Maybe just a coincidence.

Depending on what stage you were to give this info, your age could be used against you.
      You don't have to give your DOB as HMRC already know how old you are.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        You don't have to give your DOB as HMRC already know how old you are.
        Correct. NI number is enough.
        https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

If an agency wants a DOB either tell them to make it up or give them one that makes you the median age for that clientCo.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
          X