• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

agency vetting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

agency vetting

Hi, ive applied for a role via an agency but before the agency will consider putting me forward for interview they require to "vet" me, requiring copies of my passport and driving licence along with work references.

is this normal procedure? im a bit jubias as this is giving alot of personal details to a company i dont know and may get no work from.

the agency is Technical Resources of Surry,

thanks in advance.

Have a read through this thread and see if it sounds familiar:
    http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...eferences.html

References would depend on the type of role I go for - normally it's just the last two agencies to confirm that I did the contracts stated.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Proof of eligibility to work I could deal with - but nothing else until an offer is on the table.

In my experience any agency that isn't getting you to interview rapidly is probably wasting your time. All the roles I've got via agency have basically been a quick sanity check to make sure the role is right / I'm available and then an interview within a day or two.

The faffy stuff comes after, but by that point you've got a role in your hands so whatever!

Comment

Originally posted by oxon1985 View Post
        Hi, ive applied for a role via an agency but before the agency will consider putting me forward for interview they require to "vet" me, requiring copies of my passport and driving licence along with work references.

is this normal procedure? im a bit jubias as this is giving alot of personal details to a company i dont know and may get no work from.

thanks in advance.
        Even temp agencies don't bother taking your details until they have a role that you are suitable for.

It's a waste of everyone's time otherwise.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Jubias?

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
            Jubias?
            Dubious. Get with it Grandad.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
              Jubias?
              Juba was the black gladiator, so jubias means gladiator-like....

Comment

thanks in advance.
                Register with HiredByMe's Portable PES service and tell them that the client can verify everything through that - Screening - HiredByMe
                First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. But Gandhi never had to deal with HMRC

Comment

Originally posted by RonBW View Post
                  Register with HiredByMe's Portable PES service and tell them that the client can verify everything through that - Screening - HiredByMe
                  Would that be something to do with you?
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

thanks in advance.
                    Well I had an agent from Optimus search tell me it was dictated by German law that he had to be able to identify I was who I said I was before I applied for projects. He needed not only references but also a copy of my passport or driving licence. I've worked for German clients before and I have never been asked for proof of ID until there was a firm offer on the table from the client. This is very strange. I've also done projects where I needed some degree of security checks. Again, the checking was done when the offer was on the table. I needed to provide a disclosure Scotland as well.

Comment

Working...
                    X