• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Interesting chat with agent...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting chat with agent...

Friendly one, told me this...

When he puts local people forward at say £500/pd, he tells me he's completing with offshore resources at £1500/2000 pd, due to the fact the offshore provider agrees to cover any cockups etc....

If it's true......

I'd take a role at £2k a day with a guarantee that I'll fix any cock ups.

I suspect that the chances of me needing to pay out on that are less than the offshore resources I've worked with in the past.
    First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. But Gandhi never had to deal with HMRC

Comment

Originally posted by RonBW View Post

I suspect that the chances of me needing to pay out on that are less than the offshore resources I've worked with in the past.
      Same here - if you're charging 3-4 times your normal daily rate, you'd have to spend more than 2-3 days for every day worked fixing cock-ups before you'd be losing out and if you're that bad, you're probably not going to get much work...

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
        Same here - if you're charging 3-4 times your normal daily rate, you'd have to spend more than 2-3 days for every day worked fixing cock-ups before you'd be losing out and if you're that bad, you're probably not going to get much work...
        Or you could offshore the cock-up fixing for a fraction of that.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Yeah doesn't ring true but I kinda believe it - stranger things have happened!

Comment

3:1 ratio, offshore / onshore is usually used where I am.

Most probably a very unofficial measure
            Last edited by MrMarkyMark; 14 February 2017, 18:27.
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by RonBW View Post

Or you could wind the company up.

Comment

Working...
              X