• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Private Sector Contract to 6 Month FTC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Private Sector Contract to 6 Month FTC

Just a quick one, hopefully relatively easily.

I finished my first self-employed contract 2 weeks ago, and I've now been approached for a 6 Month FTC role, but this is on an employed basis. Both in the private sector.

Any headaches or issues that could be caused by this?

Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by BenJeffrey View Post
    Any headaches or issues that could be caused by this?
    Just the usual headaches of being a permie, plus the additional headaches of having much fewer rights than a permie has.
    First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. But Gandhi never had to deal with HMRC

Comment

Originally posted by RonBW View Post
      Just the usual headaches of being a permie, plus the additional headaches of having much fewer rights than a permie has.
      This is what was going through my head... Main reason being they're doing some good/interesting projects, that would be good for me going forward, so seems an idea to take a plunge to get the exposure.

Comment

It's only short term and if it has its benefits then go for it. Nothing wrong with taking a bit of a hit if there is something in it for you. Better than being sat on the bench doing nothing. Kudos to you for not being a hater and actually considering the situation with an open mind.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          It's only short term and if it has its benefits then go for it. Nothing wrong with taking a bit of a hit if there is something in it for you. Better than being sat on the bench doing nothing. Kudos to you for not being a hater and actually considering the situation with an open mind.
          This was my initial thought, surely a short term loss is a long term goal in this scenario... Plus it's only a 25 minute commute and means I don't have to get myself into Central Leeds! Cheers for that

Comment

Working...
          X