• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Abbey WILL (possibly) cover for retrospective PS IR35 claims

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Interesting conversation with QDOS today. As with Abbey they wont offer to cover past April - cant say I blame them with the uncertainty.

BUT they also will cover for retrospective IR35 enquiries even if brought about by staying in the public sector post April.

A LOT cheaper than Abbey Tax as well. And also, you just need to agree to a few statements without the need for an additional contract review.

Not sure why Abbey Tax is so much more expensive. After all with IPSE+ membership the enquiries part is included, its just the additional costs/fees/finfe3s bit you;re paying extra for. With QDOS you're paying for the full monty in one go.

For me, Abbey Tax additional coverage Survive35 would have cost over £1000. QDOS its less than £400. Big difference. Less than a days billing seems decent enough.

Will it be worth me paying for my IPSE membership to renew next time if QDOS are now providing nmy IR35 coverage. I know IPSE provide extras like jury service, agency failure etc but I believe QDOS do that too. Always been a supporter of IPSE but got some competition here.
    They aren't the same product. For one, Abbey applies to fixed dates, whereas QDOS applies while cover is in place, so you have an ongoing cost, which partly duplicates what you get with IPSE. Also, IMHO, Abbey really know their smeg.

Comment

Working...
    X