• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Abbey WILL (possibly) cover for retrospective PS IR35 claims

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Indeed. I'll bet the answers he give don't reflect some of the comments he's made on here previously.
    Thats funny NLUK - Do you believe everything you read on the internet?
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      I'd like to see Abbey take the term 'can' out and put 'will' in... maybe I need to take my tinfoil hat off I think.

So... Here is a hypothetical situation. If PC gives his info to Abbey, they say outside but are unaware he's doing adhoc work proving D&C/part and parce, and it goes to court. PC loses because he is under D&C. Will Abbey throw the claim out or will they pay up because their assessment wasn't complete enough or PC's answers not a true reflection? They can only take a client on his/her word and not the true WP?

Or is this too hypothetical because Abbey knows it never goes this far so isn't concerned about it?

EDIT : Oh.. I think JB's comment might have cleared that up...
      But surely that applies to ALL insurance? If you lie then dont be surprised if they dont pay out.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
        At least that's one thing PC does not have to worry his little head about.

He's inside now and past the 6th April
        Ho hum. Same old on this forum. Bit of willy waving and making yourself feel good by running down others. I find it quite funny to be honest these days.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
          Thats funny NLUK - Do you believe everything you read on the internet?
          Well you've said it at least three times I can find. Plenty of other examples... and again, it's not just me.
          Last edited by northernladuk; 9 February 2017, 15:38.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

But surely that applies to ALL insurance? If you lie then dont be surprised if they dont pay out.
            It's not about lying it's about not understanding your own situation and giving an answer you believe they need that doesn't actually reflect reality.

So Abbey ask you about your working practices and you say yeah it's all good. I know IR35 they fit the contract but the reality is...

I was quoting what some of you lot say. I do some BAU work and aware that it might be an IR35.

My point is that some of you seem to look down on those of us who do BAU...

Work is pretty much 50% BAU/50% Project. Permies don't work from home (but they all live locally). Other contractors here who are more project based seem to WFH when it suits them. Different project managers/team leads.!
            Yep IR35. VERY borderline for me I know. But thats a separate issue and not related to the coming changes.

Boom, your fcked. It's not lying, not even a false declaration. It's just not being factually correct.

The fact you are still thrashing around with the amount of risk hanging around this when you are aware you might be at risk of IR35 already is just staggering.

P.S. On the bottom one it's not a separate issue anymore is it.......
            Last edited by northernladuk; 9 February 2017, 15:38.

Comment

Ho hum. Same old on this forum. Bit of willy waving and making yourself feel good by running down others. I find it quite funny to be honest these days.
              Ho hum. same old mushrooms on this forum, hoping the problem will just go away.

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Jeez why does every thread on this forum turn into zig and zag spouting on about how clever they are and how stupid others,are?

Comment

Jeez why does every thread on this forum turn into zig and zag spouting on about how clever they are and how stupid others,are?
                  The one consistency I've noticed in all such threads is that you post in them.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

The result of superiority complex coupled with anonymity... welcome to the internet

Comment

Originally posted by pr1 View Post
                      The result of superiority complex coupled with anonymity... welcome to the internet
                      Right... And people saying some daft stuff is nothing to do with it? Cause that's really acceptable in real life as well isn't it.
                      Last edited by northernladuk; 10 February 2017, 08:03.

Comment

Working...
                      X