• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anybody else just sick of contracting?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Danny495 View Post
    Hi
    I'm happy as well, working from my home. Sometimes I have to go to other countries but still best option. If you complain about money, maybe you shouldn't spend money on drugs and girls.
    What else is there to spend your money on
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
      Still living in denial, eh, Frank.
      You leave SueEllen alone, she's a cracking bloke.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
        What else is there to spend your money on
        Gambling.
        Fast cars.
        New tech kit that you don't need.

Back on topic. I've worked at home approx. 50% of the time these past few years. Been an absolute joy to be at home when I like - I pretty much pick and choose my days - and then be able to go into the office to socialize (in a professional sense).

Anyway what happened to the OP. Hope Olly got over this hump.

Comment

I've got no problem with contracting....the problem I have is being a target for government's who see the likes of us a s a cash cow ripe for milking - or slaughter!
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

My main beef with contracting has been the Banks I've been working for are not prepared to give significant responsibility to non-permie staff (regardless of how quickly they turn over their permie staff...). It's understandable, of course, but I find myself repeatedly working for people who just don't understand the business area or the subject matter in question, and that can be very frustrating.

The uncertainty niggles me a bit, but I guess 5 years without any time on the bench and never having to commute more than I did as a permie mean I shouldn't get too worked up about this.

Comment

Originally posted by Lambert Simnel View Post
              My main beef with contracting has been the Banks I've been working for are not prepared to give significant responsibility to non-permie staff (regardless of how quickly they turn over their permie staff...). It's understandable, of course, but I find myself repeatedly working for people who just don't understand the business area or the subject matter in question, and that can be very frustrating.

The uncertainty niggles me a bit, but I guess 5 years without any time on the bench and never having to commute more than I did as a permie mean I shouldn't get too worked up about this.
              Yep, probably the mildest grumble of the thread, no question about it. Carry on, keep billing.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                Yep, probably the mildest grumble of the thread, no question about it. Carry on, keep billing.
                Yeah, people have often said I'm special, in my own particular way...

Comment

Originally posted by Lambert Simnel View Post
                  Yeah, people have often said I'm special, in my own particular way...
                  Not at all, I can see where you're coming from but I'm surprised it's a reason to give up on contracting.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                    Not at all, I can see where you're coming from but I'm surprised it's a reason to give up on contracting.
                    Funny.....I have been given plenty of responsibilities at Investment banks
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                      Funny.....I have been given plenty of responsibilities at Investment banks
                      Yup. Mopping the floors so no one falls and sues the company is a big responsibility.
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X