• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Watch out for Elevate Direct CV parser and viewer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watch out for Elevate Direct CV parser and viewer

Watch out for this pile of tulipe... just applied for a role on Jobserve and got an email back saying more info required and was directed to a site hosted by Elevate Direct to "improve" my profile which it had created by parsing the CV.

Well actually it had an old CV from 5 years ago in there and tried to merge the latest with the older one and left a hotch potch of jobs with lots of duplicates. It also told me that my CV was in the bottom 25% of applicants as it could understand the mess it had made.

As my CV is one of the "case study" style CVs it ended up looking very confusing. The dates for roles seemed to be a month out compared to what was in my CV.

I ended up having to delete most of the jobs and roles and add them back in manually.

It then asked me to tick which roles matched against the particular 5 skills they were looking for.

Having done that I was then in the top 75%. I couldn't see any obvious way of improving the score any further.

So that's 2 hours gone on just one application without any added value from what my CV had given anyway.

Beware....
    Last edited by MPwannadecentincome; 31 January 2017, 10:50.
    This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

I did this same process a few months ago they put a job ad out sounded too good to be true with the rate to match. They are clearly putting out fake ads to build their CV database up you cannot even get someone on the phone it seems like a scam shell operation you cannot even remove your details afterwards I tried and got nowhere in the end they still have all my details & cv despite me sending them a strongly worded email reminding them of data protection laws.

Very very underhand company trying to datamine cv's to companies for roles that do not exist. If you dig around on the people who are registered as directors it all becomes clear!! they appear to be venture capitalists trying to build their cv database to sell.

Comment

Originally posted by uk contractor View Post
      I did this same process a few months ago they put a job ad out sounded too good to be true with the rate to match. They are clearly putting out fake ads to build their CV database up you cannot even get someone on the phone it seems like a scam shell operation you cannot even remove your details afterwards I tried and got nowhere in the end they still have all my details & cv despite me sending them a strongly worded email reminding them of data protection laws.

Very very underhand company trying to datamine cv's to companies for roles that do not exist. If you dig around on the people who are registered as directors it all becomes clear!! they appear to be venture capitalists trying to build their cv database to sell.
      Recorded delivery letter with threats of the Information Commission normally does the trick. Include your mobile number in the letter.

Email doesn't work as well for those companies.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Recorded delivery letter with threats of the Information Commission normally does the trick. Include your mobile number in the letter.

Email doesn't work as well for those companies.
        I will bear that in mind if I am suckered into this scenario again! I just went back into my profile which they would not delete & copy pasted legalise about data protection act .... they probably got the message as I also altered the cv they had to match it so it was useless!

Comment

There was a thread about them some time ago. I tried to unsubscribe from them and it wasn't possible. Mailed them several times to remove my details, they never did or answered.
          Complete pile of tulip

Comment

Got forwarded to a form recently where my phone number was a required field. Didn't enter it. Applied for the next job.

Comment

I noticed if you apply for roles with Alexander Mann you get redirected to Elevate.
              Last edited by Eirikur; 31 January 2017, 14:23.

Comment

Working...
              X