• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

London market - dead? Overcrowded?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

London market - dead? Overcrowded?

Originally posted by SussexSeagull View Post
    Must confess there is no way I would read a newspaper while waiting for an interview. Either pick up some of their literature or read nothing.
    Indeed, one chap turned up for an interview he asked if he could use the loo (after seeing 3 people waiting to interview him) no bother I said and took him to the toilets - he proceeded to have a 20min poo !!! As he was a visitor I had to wait outside and heard him on the phone the whole time while having this poo !!!

The other 2 interviewers got board and wondered off

Comment

FTFY

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
      Yep. Northwest village idiot with no manners. I guess etiquette and not dumping used news papers in potential Client Cos reception area and being a little more friendly with the receptionist might be the key to contracting south
      Stick where you are...coming down 'ere taking our jobs...etc...etc
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by tarbera View Post
        Indeed, one chap turned up for an interview he asked if he could use the loo (after seeing 3 people waiting to interview him) no bother I said and took him to the toilets - he proceeded to have a 20min poo !!! As he was a visitor I had to wait outside and heard him on the phone the whole time while having this poo !!!

The other 2 interviewers got board and wondered off
        Cheese or Ham?
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

A 20 minute poo. That's what Friday mornings are for after beer and curry Thursday. I knew someone who worked out that the client paid £42 for him to "nearly fill the bowl".
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

What's wrong with you?!

I'm northwest contractor and started applying in london to score these awesome rates.

Current experience : 15-25 calls a day. Rarely any interview. Managed to get 2 over a 3 weeks of looking with that amount of calls daily. Ridiculous

Interview #1. 550pd javascript/ hedge fund: 5 min slot, queue outside of the room with other candidates. Manager is rushing me, handing me over some tests and quickly asking few questions. 4 min later Thank you NEXT!

Interview #2. 450pd javascript: Waiting in reception reading newspaper. Manager approaches me, left newspaper on table. Technically excellent. Feedback: Receptionist told the manager I was rude that i left newspapers like that. Didn't get the gig.......
            Haha

Interview #3 450pd javascript: Technically excellent. Manager had many other excellent candidates and chose among us.

Now I wonder what it takes to be contracting in London. Contacts? Be wordclass, Davos speaker authority?

Comment

i'm northwest contractor and started applying in london to score these awesome rates.

Current experience : 15-25 calls a day. rarely any interview. Managed to get 2 over a 3 weeks of looking with that amount of calls daily. Ridiculous

interview #1. 550pd javascript/ hedge fund: 5 min slot, queue outside of the room with other candidates. Manager is rushing me, handing me over some tests and quickly asking few questions. 4 min later thank you next!

Interview #2. 450pd javascript: Waiting in reception reading newspaper. Manager approaches me, left newspaper on table. Technically excellent. Feedback: Receptionist told the manager i was rude that i left newspapers like that. Didn't get the gig.......
              Haha

interview #3 450pd javascript: Technically excellent. Manager had many other excellent candidates and chose among us.

Now i wonder what it takes to be contracting in london. Contacts? Be wordclass, davos speaker authority?
              baaaaaaaaahlixxx!

Comment

I'm feeling discriminated here with all the spelling nazi members complaining about my English and then I get posts full of errors without complaints. Not fair.

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
                  I'm feeling discriminated here with all the spelling nazi members complaining about my English and then I get posts full of errors without complaints. Not fair.

It is fair.

If English is your first language or you are sufficiently fluent in it then mistakes are ignored.

In 5 years time when we have sufficiently trained you in fluency and British "humour" you to will be able to make jokes like that.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post

Nothing to do with you trolling prof forums and not adding anything useful either.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      It is fair.

If English is your first language or you are sufficiently fluent in it then mistakes are ignored.
                      You RACIST!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X