• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Supplying resource

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supplying resource

Hi All, I have been contracting for a number of years, just selling myself as most of us do. I may have the opportunity to recruit additional contract staff and my thoughts turn to pass them through my PSC and skimming a bit off the top.

Any advice/ links you can give to help me look into this more?

Thanks

Stuart

Originally posted by stuent View Post
    Hi All, I have been contracting for a number of years, just selling myself as most of us do. I may have the opportunity to recruit additional contract staff and my thoughts turn to pass them through my PSC and skimming a bit off the top.

Any advice/ links you can give to help me look into this more?

Thanks

Stuart
    Search the boards, there's been numerous people who have considered it but very few who end up doing it and making it work.

Commons problems are:

Clients insisting contractors are engaged directly (and by direct I mean via the agent you are) rather than through your company.
    Cash-flow, as the contractors will expect payments promptly whereas the client will probably drag their heels with you.
    Making enough off each contractor to make it worth your while whilst not making them too expensive.
    A whole bunch of legal implications if the person you place screws something up.

Comment

Unless it's long term and you want to go into business as a consultancy with these people, get an established agent to run it for you for a portion of the commission.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

We've had this twice this week so scroll down a bit. IMO the fact you have to ask means it won't work. Other threads will explain why.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X