• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Walked out of a contract 1 wage witheld

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walked out of a contract 1 wage witheld

Hello,

I was on a contract as an engineer with a company which i won't name, to cut a long story short basically i had completed my 3rd week at this company and for 2 weeks i've recieved my funds but the agency is refusing to give me my 3rd week saying they need to account for their losses and make any reductions etc and that i will get what's left over, i explained the reason i walked out is because the manager was showing me a procedure on storing parts during which he cut his finger with a stanley knife accidentally and rather than stop and get a plaster he continued to show me what to do with said parts bled all over the packaging box and labels and over a log book which then he handed to me ? completely breaching health and safety i said my life and being clear of hiv and diseases is worth more to me than a contract.

is there anything i can do ?

i have some slips where the work has been completed and signed by the warehouse etc.

thanks and apologies for any grammar mistakes a very rushed message at this time of night.

If the contract says payment on receipt of signed timesheet, then you will need that to get your last week's pay.

Comment

You handed the situation completely incorrectly and immaturely.

If some has an accident in a work place you make them stop what they are doing the either deal with it yourself, call a first aider or call an ambulance - you don't walk off-site and never come back.

As LadyMuck stated as you didn't get your timesheet signed then you have to wait.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Bearing in mind he's hard enough to not be bothered by a cut that appears to bleeding profusely I'm surprised he didn't punch you in the face for suggesting he had HIV.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

First aid ? don't think they had a first aid, he was the manager surely he would have the sense to stop and say hang on a minute let me just get this sorted or get a plaster, but instead carried on wrapping parts while bleeding all over them.

the whole warehouse in disarray all swearing at each other, he's this he's that, that guy's this.

yes i will admit it was unprofessional to end like that and is the first time i've ever done it.

Comment

Originally posted by pippin123 View Post
            First aid ? don't think they had a first aid, he was the manager surely he would have the sense to stop and say hang on a minute let me just get this sorted or get a plaster, but instead carried on wrapping parts while bleeding all over them.

the whole warehouse in disarray all swearing at each other, he's this he's that, that guy's this.

yes i will admit it was unprofessional to end like that and is the first time i've ever done it.
            In some workplaces people swear a lot - get over it.

All medium and large workplaces have a first aid box and a couple of people designated as first aiders and fire marshals to comply with health and safety regulations. No company owners and managers want to be charged with anything up to corporate manslaughter.

Anyway it's common decency to say to someone as an adult "Oh look you are bleeding. Let me get you a plaster." Then fook off immediately to find them one before they can stop you.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Can you as a starting point sort out your grammar so that your post is more readable ?
              And is your post relevant to what is primarily an IT contractor forum site ?

Comment

OP, check your contract - you'll know how you truly left the site and gave notice and you'll need to compare that to how you should have given notice. If there's a difference, it's better to let the week go - the counterclaim for loss of revenue could leave you far more out of pocket than a week's revenue from this contract.

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
                Can you as a starting point sort out your grammar so that your post is more readable ?
                And is your post relevant to what is primarily an IT contractor forum site ?
                It's still a site for all contractors, it's just that IT contractors tend to be sat at a computer more than others.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                  It's still a site for all contractors, it's just that IT contractors tend to be sat at a computer more than others.
                  Erm.. Front page. First paragraph.

Welcome to Contractor UK
                  Contractor UK is home to the UK's IT contracting community
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    Erm.. Front page. First paragraph.

Welcome to Contractor UK
                    Contractor UK is home to the UK's IT contracting community
                    Sorry. I'll revise my behaviour.

OP, ask your lawyer.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                    X