• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lloyds Bank Group - permanent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lloyds Bank Group - permanent

Just throwing this out there for interest really.

Been offered the chance to telephone interview (then 2 face-to-face if successful) at LBG for a specific architecture role. I won't be going for it because I am in contract for a while yet, but I was impressed by the package:

£96k salary
    £5k car allowance
    18% non-cont pension. This is amazing, how do they afford it!
    30 days holiday. I wouldn't know what to do with myself!
    Up to 40% bonus, apparently coming in at around 20% the past couple of years. I find this hard to believe.

Only problem is that it's based in the City and I don't enjoy the 1.5 hour train/tube commute (did it years ago for another bank) and the fact that there's no regular WFH to counter that travelling. I travel (drive) 1.5 hours each way now but I WFH 2 days a week.

But - as far as permie jobs go, I was impressed.

Shame LBG are so tulip to work for
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
      Shame LBG are so tulip to work for
      WMMMS

I understand CUK is blocked there now, if that sways your decision?

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
        WMMMS

I understand CUK is blocked there now, if that sways your decision?
        Never had the misfortune myself, however, have had a number of people give me reliable info.

Fine if you wish to be working with some Wi Pros "finest", I suppose
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
          Never had the misfortune myself, however, have had a number of people give me reliable info.

Fine if you wish to be working with some Wi Pros "finest", I suppose
          Accenture and HCL in my days, but hey....

Comment

OP I can tell you as I worked there a while ago the reason for the salary package is the state of the infrastructure due to lack of internal investment for at least 15 years and counting! They literally had 1 guy running the show for almost 20 years I bet he has probably either retired or taken a hefty redundancy package rather than sort the mess out which he helped create to protect his job & buy an expensive house with no mortgage either! Then toss in the different teams do not communicate with each other very well & the culture is strongly anti-contractor so the result when you throw all the wi-pro johnnies into the mix is a place which needs a lot of sorting out & most of the perms quite literally dream of getting a decent redundancy payout but most will be lucky to get the statutory amount as Computacentre are gradually replacing a lot of the IT function with their own lowly paid & inexperienced people and other consultancies are doing the same with the admin staff.

Give it a few more years of chaos they will need to boot all the imported Computacentre & Wi-Pro people out & hire some real perm IT staff on proper salaries.

One role I would do there is PM they have lots of them on silly money no-one could tell you what many of them do but they earn £400-600 a day so must be good for something right!!.............

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
              Just throwing this out there for interest really.

Been offered the chance to telephone interview (then 2 face-to-face if successful) at LBG for a specific architecture role. I won't be going for it because I am in contract for a while yet, but I was impressed by the package:

£96k salary
              £5k car allowance
              18% non-cont pension. This is amazing, how do they afford it!
              30 days holiday. I wouldn't know what to do with myself!
              Up to 40% bonus, apparently coming in at around 20% the past couple of years. I find this hard to believe.

Only problem is that it's based in the City and I don't enjoy the 1.5 hour train/tube commute (did it years ago for another bank) and the fact that there's no regular WFH to counter that travelling. I travel (drive) 1.5 hours each way now but I WFH 2 days a week.

But - as far as permie jobs go, I was impressed.
              Did the agency tell you those figures or LBG themselves, salary might be correct and car allowance, but 18% non contr pension and 40% bonus (20% past couple of years) sound a bit of fib to me, if they are I am being totally screwed, I know people at others banks in the city and max pension is 12% non contr most are 8-10%, in terms of bonus these days 5% - 10% if you are very, very lucky, I know people at other European banks who have had double zero during yearly comp for upto 5 years. General view these days is if you go perm in city is just ask for the most you can as the reality is once your in you could be waiting years and years for a rise of any kind.

Comment

Thats not a bad package, must be a senior architecture role to pay that. I have done architecture at Lloyds and they were offering 60-70K

Though bearing in mind they are about to outsource a tulip load of IT to IBM, you have to wonder if its a dead end job

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/0..._barns_to_ibm/
                Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Good basic salary. Didn't realise SA's (just designers at my company) get paid so much.

Comment

Worked there for almost 20 years, package sounds great. As long as you are prepared to play the corporate game..they have lots of IT site O/s of London and have a good attitude to remote working given their shared services/offshore delivery model. If you're looking for bleeding edge then you're looking in the wrong place - they are after all a Bank.
                    "why ride a vespa when you can push a lambretta?"

As I look ahead, I am filled with foreboding; like the Roman, I seem to see "the River Tiber foaming with much blood."

Comment

Working...
                    X