• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

speak up and leave or sit here and keep invoicing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
    Cheers everyone, have emailed the Project lead and told him the situation and advised I will clear off when I go on my holiday if they want so put the ball in their court, we'll see what they say.

PS: I don't see there being enough work for part time so not really an option in this case
    Might be too late and you might have already done it but try and phrase it in a positive way that you are delivering them a saving. Give them a solution if that makes sense. Sounds like you have and it will certainly look much better than 'I've got nothing to do what do you suggest' if you get me.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Cheers everyone, have emailed the Project lead and told him the situation and advised I will clear off when I go on my holiday if they want so put the ball in their court, we'll see what they say.

PS: I don't see there being enough work for part time so not really an option in this case
      You don't hang about

Comment

I know you have decided but if it was me and I had a holiday coming up that close and needed the money like you mentioned (or even if I didn't to be honest) I would hang on until I get back from my hols given its only a matter of weeks away and get a few weeks after for some extra cash after holiday spending! I would rather start looking for new roles after my holiday rather than before if I had a choice.
        Last edited by curtis; 11 January 2017, 12:09.

Comment

...the permies can soon get the hump if they see you taking the p*ss
          And you'd care about this because???

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
            "I was so good I left the contract 2 months early as I had completed all the deliverables, and now I'm available to you."
            You'd say that, however, many clients, like many agents, would hear: "I had to leave the contract 2 months early because I wasn't any good".

Whilst we know that it's great to fully deliver your clients' requirements early to a high standard of workmanship that the client is very happy with, many people just don't see that as an option or even as possible.

Comment

so the results are in, project leads says no worries we'll look at it when you get back from your holiday and we'll also look to see if there is any other project you can jump on.

They are aware of the situation, so I don't feel bad about taking their money for nothing, I have something to come back to after my holidays and if no other projects come up I can bail out quickly upon my return, I would say that's worked out quite well.

Honesty, always the best policy

Comment

Wow. Fast turn around and good result. Just be careful of 'jumping on another project' Do it properly so it doesn't look like D&C, Moo, part and parcel etc.

What a world apart from PC's problem.
                Nice result.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

so the results are in, project leads says no worries we'll look at it when you get back from your holiday and we'll also look to see if there is any other project you can jump on.

They are aware of the situation, so I don't feel bad about taking their money for nothing, I have something to come back to after my holidays and if no other projects come up I can bail out quickly upon my return, I would say that's worked out quite well.

Honesty, always the best policy
                  Good job. And even if there's no further work on another project for you when you get back from your holiday, you simply thank the client for their time and the work they've provided you so far, give them a firm handshake and hand them your business card as you're leaving, reminding them that you'd greatly appreciate their consideration should further work materialise in the future as it sounds like you'll be leaving on very amicable terms!

This is how a solid personal network of ex-clients and potential future work is built!

Comment

Working...
                  X