• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Security Check (SC) Help!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Security Check (SC) Help!

This post has been answered.
    Last edited by Max2dapower; 5 January 2017, 18:23.

You're screwed basically.

Comment

Why am I screwed?

Do they contact HMRC? How does it work?

Comment

The SC test is basically "Can we risk telling this guy secret stuff". Telling lies is not a good start. Telling the truth now may be the better option and then see what happens but be prepared for a swift return to the bench. And you had better have a damn good provable explanation for what you were doing in your phantom employment period. And coercing others to piss about with clearance issues is a serious no no, as well as being illegal.

Contractors trade on skills and honesty. You're not off to a good start are you?

As for "How does it work", don't be stupid. That is not in the public domain and never will be, to stop idiots trying to game the system
        Last edited by malvolio; 4 January 2017, 19:35.
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

This post has been answered
          Last edited by Max2dapower; 5 January 2017, 18:23.

Comment

Malvolio you are correct.

I should not even be asking this.

Comment

Originally posted by Max2dapower View Post
              My employment looks like...

2004-2013 Job A
              2013-2016 Job B
              2016 - now current role

What it really is...

2004 - 2014 Job A
              2014 - 2016 Job B
              2016 - current role.

I wasn't out of work, just a year exaggerated which trust me I seriously regret.

Am I ruined or will my 2 Job A and B references hold up?
              Be honest. You'll probably be OK if your references backup the truth (and you're not a high risk tuliphead).
              Your BPSS information was simply a mistake rather than a deliberate deception wasn't it????????
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Max2dapower
                I have nothing in my history at all to cause any concern...

I have never committed a crime, and neither has my family.
                My finances are good and so are my partners and my family.
                There is nothing to make me high risk in anyways.

This is really depressing me, and all caused by a stupid small exaggeration.
                OK, now you know why it's serious, the question is what to do about it. I suggest you fill in the SC forms accurately and see what happens.

Clearance is basically a risk assessment; to a large extent it depends on what risks and what levels of risk they are willing to take. Not being truthful is, fairly obviously, not the way to do it. So be honest and see what happens. Chances are you'll be fine, but nobody is going to promise that.
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

To someone it's an exaggeration, to someone else it's fraudulent. Really stupid thing to do and it's gonna quite rightly come back and bite you.

To continue with your lie.means you are making a false declaration which is pretty serious in any situation let alone when security is concerned.

IMO i'd fess up. There might be a slight chance they may actually take pity and carry on. If you don't you are risking a lot and at risk of getting binned on the spot and worse.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Oh.. I'd tell your friend what's going on because he's given a fraudulent reference which could also be pretty bad.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X